Network Architect and Project Manager
Responsible for the core-networking infrastructure at corporate data, operation, and business centers along with access for customer sites. Served as liaison with Storage, Open System, Mainframe, and Operations to ensure coordination of planning and implementation. Handled multiple concurrent projects that could effect customer production.
- Improved efficiency of network by planning and project managing the implementation of a new WAN using MPLS with MLPPP / DS3 / Ethernet access. Coordinated in-house and vendor personnel.
- Reduced loss of production time by proper planning and project managing the move of the networking equipment to new raised floor area,
- Ensured on going production by implementing the network structure to allow data centers to back each other up.
- Reduced installation time by 75% by initiated and holding quarterly network meetings with customers to determine future and pro-active action.
- Launched and served as Facilitator for Quality Control team to identify problem areas thereby increasing efficiency by 30%.
- Consistently reduced costs by resigning network to eliminate unused and under-needed circuits.
at this job
Senior Network Architect
Developed business and technical infrastructures during enterprise management architecture projects while leading an engineering team of up to 30 contract employees.
- Directed a team of 9 engineers and 5 senior staff members during the preparation and presentation of new strategic network planning, and strategies.
- Cut maintenance downtime 35% through the integration of a standalone network sandbox for testing and experimentation.
- Increased uptime by designing Systems Management infrastructure solutions that decreased the human factor by 45%.
- Reduced overtime by 9% through cumulative, successful, business-driven initiatives.
at this job
Provided results-driven strategic and tactical design and implementation. Liaised with service providers with strong focus towards vendor management.
- Transformed multiple national networks to single globally managed network with total operating budget close to $100M annually by collaborating with country practice CTOs, architects and network regional managers.
- Led team of 6 focused on research and development in emerging technologies, continually improving IT service delivery.
- Saved $1.5M by developing a process to ensure accurate billing of data communications services from carrier, resulting in receipt of award for Excellence.
- Managed IT Standards and Best Practices for global firm of existing and proposed Global IT Standards and developed new remote access solution for South America, resulting in receiving Award for Leadership, 2006.
at this job
Principal Network Architect
Reported to the CTO and accountable for delivery of network solutions at an enterprise level and 10 plant rationalization projects nationwide. Provided planning, design, implementation, and operation of network infrastructure projects. Managed projects to align with a defined $3M capital and $1.5M expense IT networking budget while supporting some 3000+ online users.
- Received the CIO Award for delivery and execution of a 5 year network roadmap. Moved the SNA network onto the WAN using toll bypass to reduce voice line costs $10K a month.
- Lowered telecom and cell phone spend 25% by moving to a telecom consortium design saving in excess of $500K per year for AT&T.
- Led the audit of the telecom budget and delivered an annual savings of $90K.
- Delivered the network side of the move to an ITIL change / problem / incident management model. This success allowed for the preparation of SOX and PCI compliance.
- Enabled the corporation to achieve significant cost savings and improved efficiencies by leading the successful IT migration of the corporate offices from 4 locations to 1.
- Received a Leader Award for directing the successful roll out of WIN2000 and new laptops for the entire sales force in a very limited time frame with no downtime for the reps.
at this job
Chief architect and implementer for primary WAN infrastructure at 12 domestic locations, including LAN infrastructures at all [company name] sites.
- Eliminated company's dependence on outside consulting firm for all implementations, monitoring, and support.
- Mentored and trained junior and mid-level IT staff, providing maintenance to 75+ servers, 20+ routers, 50+ logical switches, and 100+ wireless access points.
- Implemented primary monitoring infrastructure for the entirety of the [company name] LAN/WAN and server environments.
- Led the effort to integrate a newly acquired company of 300+ employees into the [company name] network and server infrastructure, managing all communications, planning, and implementations.
- Developed and documented IT policy and procedures for use throughout the [company name] IT organization, including change management, disaster recovery, and baseline build parameters.
- Researched, recommended, presented and approved new technologies to promote consistent evolution of the organization's enterprise networking and server base infrastructures.
- Diagrammed overall company networking infrastructure for internal security purposes.
at this job
Led a team of experts and prime on network services to perform infrastructure vulnerability assessment for the network of Legislative Assembly of Ontario. The assessment included network, VPN remote access, firewalls, physical access, servers, workstations, overall health, vulnerabilities and recommendations.
- Designed a network backbone of 3000+ nodes for Canadian Postal services that included call centers, data centers, corporate offices, processing sites and thousands of small retail offices. Sized network hardware and Telco line's capacity. Inter-site connectivity was provided using an MPLS based backbone.
- Provided network consultancy and delivered technical presentations to pre and post sales customers.
- Architected and produced network policy/standard documentations for clients.
- Prepared RFP response documents for network and security services.
- Designed and implemented many network solutions using protocols like TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF and IPSec.
at this job
Systems Engineer / Network Architect
As Microsoft Exchange system administrator, managed 35 production and development servers. Designed and implemented high-availability B2B network for startup dot com, restructuring and improving network and NT domain. Supported and managed corporate Intranet and Internet sites, ensuring network availability, resolving data communications issues and maintaining Compaq, 3COM and Cisco equipment. Developed and implemented security policies, purchasing and maintaining Webtrends Enterprise and Firewall auditing software, and deploying and managing Nokia firewall using Checkpoint firewall management software.
- Designed and implemented strategy for migration of Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 domain structure.
- Instrumental in achieving ICSA certification for Web site
- Decreased network down time by 50% by designing and implementing network migration and system migration.
- Collaborated on the design and implementation of disaster recovery plan using Veritas software and DLT hardware, eliminating single points of failure in network and system architecture.
- Designed and deployed EMC solution for enterprise connected via WAN connection
at this job
Manager of Network Architecture
In charge of network design and implementation teams for enterprise data centers, warehouse and retail locations.
- Managed upgrade of over $10M network infrastructure improvements.
- Implemented new wireless infrastructure.
- Engineered and lead installation of new security environments.
- Managed and coached experienced team of senior network engineers for standard practices and project deliverables.
- Championed network design and installation of new warehouse campus in Pottsville, PA.
at this job
Responsible for developing design specification for LAN infrastructure within data center like space, power, copper and fiber cabling requirements
- Appointed as technical lead for a 250 million dollar project
- Developed and maintained network documentation
- Worked closely with business management team to determine business process and right technology strategies to support business objectives
at this job
Director of Information Technology/chief Network Architect
Responsible for all aspects of IT operations of multiple organizations backed by the Five Paces Venture capital fund. Assumed role of Director of Information Technology for CustomerLinx, a nationwide three site outsourced call center and oversaw projects to modernize existing technology as cost efficiently as possible, create an infrastructure that allowed each center to share and reallocate call volume between them using VoIP technology, and centralize IT operations with a more business oriented focus. Participated in and lead multiple research and development projects for fund companies. Designed and operated a shared collocation facility for member companies, which created beneficial cost savings and cross selling opportunities.
- Lowered IT Operating costs and increased overall efficiencies by use of optimized design, operation, and procedural methodology across all fund companies.
- Developed technology strategies that allowed different fund companies to solve technology gaps by leveraging the strengths of others within the ecosystem. This included developing and implementing multiple prototypes with production grade success.
- Managed day-to-day operations of several technology teams spread across multiple locations.
- Designed, operated, and implemented multiple high-availability collocation environments for both telephony and data.
- Operated and designed all aspects of multiple corporate infrastructures ranging from ten to 500 seats per site in scale.
- Developed secure remote administration methodologies using open source technologies.
- Managed all telephony and data operations for multiple call centers.
at this job