Managed all management information system personnel, technicians, and network engineers and served as project manager on all technology-related projects. Developed programs and implemented solutions designed to improve efficiency, increase productivity, and reduce costs. Forecasted, created, managed, and ensured adherence to departmental budgets. Presented department status reports to executive management on weekly basis. Performed broad range of human resource-related functions.
- Designed and implemented the casino's company-wide help desk providing 24/7 technical support and reduced staffing requirements 50%.
- Served as project manager on variety of Y2K projects and initiatives.
- Proposed and won approval for project to upgrade servers and directed upgrade of 400 workstation platforms.
- Implemented Novell's application delivery system to enable remote roll-out of software and patches, helping IT staff improve service and meet challenges caused by extremely lean staffing.
- Developed and implemented rotating schedule to better manage 24/7 on-call duties.
at this job
Directed all IS operations with a $2.5M budget which included remote contractors and staff. Established technical and project priorities, standards, and procedures. Developed, presented and monitored budgets and project plans. Identified strategic business requirements. Implemented information and infrastructure security. Established plans and procedures for technical support, programming and operations. Trained and mentored IS staff.
- Developed request for proposals (RFP), led the selection process and negotiated contracts for warehouse distribution management, ERP, CRM, financial, and EDI software packages as well as all maintenance and support contracts.
- Developed and managed the implementation and modification projects valued at $3.5M that replaced all software packages and hardware.
- Designed, promoted, and managed transition from manual supply chain processing to automated direct communications processing with overseas vendors saving $250K annually in costs.
- Championed the implementation of the task force to facilitate customer compliancy. The task force won "Outstanding Contribution to the Company" award for reducing the non-compliance charge backs by over $1M in one year.
- Established and coordinated PC training for all personnel, which resulted in productivity gains of 20%.
- Identified business information requirements and created system to report requests and status of requirements to management and requestors.
at this job
A manufacturer of low voltage switching power supplies for the defense industry.
- Developed customer-quoting tool for integration into ERP system to help sales and marketing staff efficiently access product sales and material component purchasing
- Managed two application programmers for development in the ERP, Windows OS, LAN, and AutoCAD environments.
- Directed operation and development of ERP system functionality.
- Improved and supported Novell NetWare LAN.
- Purchased, installed and supported hardware and software.
at this job
R&d Engineer/mis MANAGER
Functioned as a hands-on manager in R&D, product development and design, customer relations, technical support, technical writing,
employee training, as well as network administration and computer support.
- Researched new and emerging technologies providing insight and reports on areas which offered opportunities to expand or augment
- Teamed with clients on new product development and designs, resulting in 50% more efficient scope management.
- Reviewed design options based on cost and product functionality assisting in optimal solutions for the client's market.
- Facilitated training sessions with employees explaining new fabrication techniques as well as safe assembly procedures.
- Administered all hardware/software upgrades, managed systems security/backup for the company's computers and network.
at this job
Configured, troubleshot and supported Sun Sparc 5 and Ultra 1 workstations on UNIX with Solaris 2.5.1.
- Trained Help Desk employees in various software packages and system configurations.
- Oversaw all information system activities for all departments of the corporation including budgeting, purchasing, and project management for all network implementation.
- Supervised help desk employees, programmers, hardware technicians and consultants.
- Researched available technology (hardware, software) in order to improve corporate workflow.
- Setup routers, NIS and DNS servers.
- Designed, developed and implemented the infrastructure.
- Interacted with vendors of computer peripheral and support companies.
at this job
Coordinated development and advancement of city-wide information systems for 1300 employees. Reported to Chief Administrative Officer. Managed 5 direct and indirect reports. Acted as third level support technician for end-user diagnoses and resolution. Communicated with various departments to establish operational needs and budgeting requirements. Supervised installation of wireless access points throughout city to connect remote departments to central server farm. Hired staff during departmental expansion.
- Reduced operating costs through creating and maintaining check writing program to manage bi-weekly payroll and vendor checks, enabling payroll completion for city-wide employees.
- Identified $14M in uncollected fines during comprehensive auditing of records; consequently wrote SQL queries to extract related information from MUNIS (MUNicipal Information System).
- Designed, specified, purchased, and supervised the installation of wireless LANs and wireless WAN connections to ensure the seamless flow of information to various city departments.
- Pioneered establishment of MIS manager position. Developed procedures and policies, standardized equipment purchases, and unified systems under one office.
- Designed and negotiated bulk computer hardware purchases for City to utilize volume discounts and staggered delivery for 70 workstations lowering purchase price by 10% in process.
at this job
Responsible for installation, configuration and support of multiple, linked from Honeywell (I64) to [company name]/38 and now the AS/400 Model B40 computers supporting a distributed network of approximately 50 workstations and 10 printers. Network consisted of both local peripherals and multiple remote locations supported over dedicated and dial-up communication lines.
- Directed design of computer center and selection and installation power and environmental support systems. Designed system cable layouts for all attached peripheral equipment. Evaluated system data communication needs and oversaw installation support.
- Developed all user training and support materials. Direct all users training courses.
- Installed and administered office automation via IBM's office software at local and remote locations.
- Implemented system operations logs and audit trails conducted internal system audits. Instituted back-up and recovery procedures and off sites media storage.
- Controlled all system access and application/object authorizations. Reviewed program modification and custom reporting requests and wrote specifications for programmers.
- Implemented EDI-Communication with WALMART stores. Developed 850 (Purchase Order) and 997 (Functional Acknowledgement) through the use of Sterling Software Programs.
- Implemented a UPS system.
at this job
Defined a project plan and completed the migration of 75 user workstations from Windows 95/98 to Windows NT.
- Refreshed and configured end-of-life workstations with software required for the role of the assigned user. Purchased and deployed new workstations as required by internal growth.
- Inventoried software for the enterprise to ensure compliance to licensing restrictions and maintained the database as old workstations were replaced and new workstations were deployed.
- Managed client workstations and ensured server and workstation patches were deployed on a timely basis.
- Wrote and implemented automation of IRS 1099 Reporting file using Excel spreadsheets and a VB macro.
- Tracked support incidents using Excel and analyzed data using pivot tables.
- Achieved 99.999% up time of mission critical accounting, casino and reservation systems.
- Supported Solomon accounting software, including SQL server database maintenance.
- Developed a project plan, supervised and completed conversion of casino data system, including a new Enterprise level Windows NT server and the upgrade of the casino system.
- Supervised upgrade to a new Iwatsu telephone system with no service outage during the conversion process. Sold decommissioned equipment for a profit of over $2,000.
- Negotiated new CLEC contract for telephone service with as savings of over $43,000 yearly.
at this job
Responsible for researching, purchasing, selecting and installing all office software
- Maintained and managed office PCs and software, Network- Windows for Workgroup
- Responsible for training users on office software
- Integrated GIS software, ArcCAD, ArcView and MapInfo for graphical presentations and spatial analyses
- Collected, formatted and organized data for input into modeling and GIS software and MapInfo
- Designed, implemented, and maintained environmental compliance database and recordkeeping system
- Developed a database system to calculate daily emissions of volatile organic chemicals
at this job
Worked with divisional and MIS VPs, Directors, managers, and end-users on a $12 million effort to implement enterprise Digital Asset Management (DAM) for four divisions within [company name]
- Led meetings between divisional representatives, third party consultants, and MIS personnel for application/system enhancements
- Analyzed process/workflow and identified areas for improvement
- Implemented procedures for 24x7 production application/system support
- Performed project planning, resource allocation, and fiscal budgeting
- Managed Java (application and Apache web server) and Oracle database development, testing, training, and rollout
- Member of the Change Control Board
- Provided strategic guidance and feedback to 18 cross-functional team members
- Coordinated production support issue resolution and targeted a 99.9% uptime
at this job