Medical Receptionist/medical Records Coordinator
Scanned documentation and entered into the database.
- Entered numerical data into databases in a timely and accurate manner.
- Obtained scanned records and uploaded them into the database.
- Reviewed medical records for completeness and filed records in alphabetic and numeric order.
- Organized forms, made photocopies, filed records and prepared correspondence and reports.
- Reviewed and updated client correspondence files and scheduling database.
at this job
Obtain authorization for MRI, prep patients for various studies.
- Schedule appointments for patients according to established procedures.
- Screen prescriptions for test studies.
- Check in patients and collected co-payments and billing payments.
- Screen calls and addressed patient inquiries.
- Medical record request and film request.
- Verified insurance and contacted doctor's office to obtain prescription.
Operate a multi-line phone system and fielded calls to the appropriate physician
- Maintain patient scheduling for eight physicians and three office locations
- Responsible for initiation and follow-up calls to patients for appointments and lab work
- First line of contact for new and established patients both via phone and in an office setting
- Entrusted with the training process of new employees
at this job
Answered telephone and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Scheduled and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations
- Greeted visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff
- Performed various clerical or administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies
- Received payments of copays and co-insurance recorded receipts for services
- File and maintain records
at this job
Manage a medical front desk in areas of manual and computerized scheduling, billing, and verification insurance records management, including major carriers and Medicaid.
- Assist billing department in collecting past due balances.
- Process an average of 300 patients on a weekly basis for a fast-paced physical therapy department.
- Maintain open lines of communication between patients, physicians and staff.
- Schedule patients' medical screenings and following up to obtain results.
- Respond to priority issues to ensure prompt patient care.
- Obtain medical transcriptions from physicians and collecting/processing patients' co-payments at close of day.