Assistant Director/master Teacher
- Supervised staff on a daily basis.
- Organized and ran a preschool classroom.
- Developed and maintained relationships with parents and vendors.
- Maintained complete and accurate daily records.
- Established policies and procedures for the facility.
- Managed the accounts payable account.
- Participated in continuing education to stay informed.
at this job
Teaching Assistant to Master Teacher of Technology
- Maintained order of the class
- Assisted the teacher in teaching essential computer skills
- Took over maintaining the website
- Assisted in designing and creating a school yearbook, brochures, headers, newsletters, and school newspaper
- Maintained and updated computers to ensure full working capacity
- Fixed broken computers
at this job
Founding Director/master Teacher
The purpose of the ECLS is to provide each 3-5 year old child with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to thrive and succeed in school and in life. The ECLS also serves as a model early childhood site for city-wide educators and also a practicum experience for students studying ECE, human development and other related fields. The ECLS is a Reggio-Emilia inspired school.
- Leading programmatic and administrative oversight for a high-quality early childhood university lab school serving 30 children ages 3-5 years old
- Lead program through rigorous NAEYC accreditation process resulting in NAEYC accreditation for the program in 2015
- Leading and facilitating professional development efforts and trainings city-wide for practitioners and schools to increase measures of program quality for all children
- Serving as an exemplary model of teaching excellence, intentionality, reflection and continuous inquiry in role as full-time Master Teacher for one of the teaching teams
- Providing extraordinary leadership for the teaching teams in the following key areas: the Creative Curriculum, the Responsive Classroom, Reggio-inspired learning, Multiple Intelligences, Developmentally Appropriate Practices and progress monitoring assessing child outcomes and learning trajectories
- Providing clear feedback and bi-weekly supervision and observations to all teaching staff, as well as written annual evaluations for all staff that set performance goals for the coming year
- Develop annual parent engagement plan that encompasses: parent information on children's daily experiences, communications about curriculum, weekly home reading program, three conferences per year, daily newsletters, and monthly family education workshops
- Leading the program through a process of continuous quality improvement, using measures such as the ECERS (R), EELCO and CLASS
at this job
- Supervises specific classroom's assistant teachers in all aspects of their position; mentors assistant teachers to develop the required skills and expertise needed to ensure classroom curriculum is implemented and an appropriate classroom environment is maintained. Assists in formal review process of assistant teachers.
- Assists in interview and hiring process for potential employees. Assists in training new staff and familiarizing them with program practices, policies, and procedures.
- Observes, records, and reports to director any significant behavior of children or staff that could adversely affect the quality of care provided.
- Actively participates in center events, meetings, and programs.
- Qualified trainer in Early Childhood Education, and conducts staff training sessions in accordance with state law.
- Ensures that children are not exposed to equipment or situations that could affect their health or safety.
- Assists director in the event regularly scheduled staff is not available, such as answering phones, cooking, and assisting in management of program.
- Maintains a close partnership with parents, and works closely with an assistant teacher.
at this job
Master Teacher- Early Childhood Specialist
- Provide technical assistance and ongoing support to early childhood educators to maximize the implementation of authentic learning activities and creative use of early education materials, implementation of effective teaching strategies to maximize teacher-child interactions and enhance teacher knowledge and skills in the evaluation of child progress
- Provide staff development trainings for center directors/administrators and early childhood educators
- Assist in the development and implementation of quality initiatives designed to increase school readiness best practices in early education settings
- Evaluate teachers through Class Assessment Scoring System (CLASS)
- Support Implementation of performance-based assessments (ERS-CLASS-TSG) to ensure reliable collections of child information and determine high level of curriculum implementation
- Coordinate services with Inclusion Specialist for children with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) or English Learners (ELL), Infant Mental Health and Parent Coordinator to bring specialized services as needed
- Coordinate with the community parent education programs and School Board to plan smooth transitions for children entering preschools or going to kindergarten and assist in planning parent involvement activities
at this job