Deliver prompt, excellent customer service via the phone and e-mail, providing reference and circulation information to patrons for a library system with the country's largest eBook circulation.
- Troubleshoot issues with eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, and database access.
- Train new hires on the features of the library database and best practices in customer service.
- Ensure the library system remains current on new technologies by attending regular trainings and disseminating documentation to staff that summarizes the training.
- Created and facilitated a training on the various features of the library's online e-mail platform.
- Minimized the number of abandoned calls by analyzing phone statistics and assisting with implementing a plan to change shift scheduling.
- Created and delivered a training to new employees on eBook troubleshooting.
Assisted with telephone and in-person reference, shelving and maintaining orderliness of the collection.
- Assisted in helping find information and leisure information and formats.
- Programming for youth, assisted with opening-closing procedures.
- Worked at other library locations if needed, and participated in special library events for literacy for families.
Provide basic reference and reader's advisory service using both print and electronic resources.
- Assisted in monitoring and troubleshooting on-line systems.
- Assisted the librarians with overall maintenance of the library collections.
- Performed routine clerical work in regards of basic cataloging with books, periodicals, tapes and other multimedia.
at this job
Library Associate, Circulation
Provided excellent customer service to the local community at the busiest library in the state.
- Worked efficiently and professionally in a team environment.
- Processed requests for patrons via phone and in person.
- Calmly assisted patrons with complaints and worked to resolve issues in a timely manner.
Senior Library Associate
Manage access, usage and assist patrons with research needs within the computer laboratory.
- Assist a diverse population of patrons with research needs utilizing the library resources, computer database and/or Internet.
- Conduct reference interviews and assess members' needs to efficiently and accurately provide members with materials and data needed.
- Provide recommendations for community connection partnerships to strengthen patrons participation and local business's support.
- Work within the Global Access department's circulation desk coordinating the lending of library books, reference materials and processing fee payment for members.
- Assist and train library patrons on new technology received.
at this job