Quality Assurance Specialist and Lead Auditor
Led audits for the following programs: Emergency Protection Plan, Radiological Protection, Radiological Environmental Monitoring, Radwaste, Nuclear Training, and Nuclear Safety.
- Managed a team of 3 to 4 auditors during two to four week audit period.
- Identified procedure gaps with the recirculation and reactor water cleanup systems which led to the implementation of a program designed to minimize leakage (Technical Specification 5.5.2).
- Recommended new meteorological equipment after recognizing that the station failed to meet Nuclear Regulatory Commission recovery rate standards.
- Established a formal technical base for the annual siren test acceptance criteria.
at this job
Lead auditor on the largest petroleum companies. Supervise, plan, and review team of 8 auditors to complete and submit timely field audits.
- Completed 96 major audits which accounted for 70% of the total audits processed by a team of 9 auditors.
- Proficient in utilizing GL accounts by manipulating large data downloads to filter for sales, purchasing, and other specific GL accounts.
- Assist coworkers by imparting knowledge from general accounting expertise and answering challenging tax questions. Interface with taxpayers to respond to tax questions, status of audits and refund claims, and to correct reporting deficiencies and omissions.
- Receive frequent recognition from supervisors for working after hours and on weekends to meet self-imposed deadlines.
- Influence taxpayers to conform reporting to tax filing laws. Audits generated $14 million in tax revenue to the State.
at this job
Supplier Quality Lead Auditor, Procurement Department
Led procurement quality assurance activities, supporting the construction of 4 nuclear power plants in China worth $14B through coordination with a U.S. firm.
- Developed and maintained over 200 approved suppliers with total spend worth $8B.
- Evaluated bids from 66 suppliers, and advised procurement department in supplier negotiation worth 5% of total capital equipment budget, implementing quality requirements in contracts.
- Executed supplier performance reviews by performing quality assurance audits at 52 supplier sites, filed 273 corrective action reports to improve supplier quality.
at this job
Identified and implemented new electronic auditing system eliminating paper-based audits
- Saved $3 million in federal grant funding by establishing a control and compliance matrix for key clients
- Delivered system controls to comply with COSO internal control standard, fostering greater accounting and operational efficiencies
- Conducted client interviews and risk assessments resulting in the implementation of greater audit
at this job
ISO 9000 (iso 13485 Medical Devices) Quality Management Systems Lead Auditor
Leader of audit Teamsin North America, Canada, Central America or the Caribbean; working Monday through Friday, making recommendations regarding ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 /CMDCAS/MDD QMS registration or FDA acceptability.
- Teams of one to five team auditors covering all shift operations.
- Worked with all levels of management at many different Companies. Assessed the manufacture of computers, software, electronics, chemicals, plastics, metal and medical products. Strong chemical engineering and medical device expertise, predominantly orthopedic, electronic and digital imaging devices.
- Companies regularly asked to have me back and this benefited the registrar’
- Paperwork intensive, submission of 3 to 4 audit reports and expense
- My successful audit of a company in Ontario Canada, observed by representatives from Health Canada and the Standards Council of Canada led to Intertek’s being chosen as a Health Canada recognized registrar.
Lead the daily work flow of the internal audit team and function by assisting in strategically planning and developing internal auditing process to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and deploying staff to conduct both scheduled and non-scheduled audits.
- Managed and directed the internal audit functions of [company name] units, investigations, and staff to ensure that policies, procedures, and internal controls are designed and functioning to effectively and efficiently accomplish organizational goals.
- Participated in outside audits and examinations as lead auditor or supervisor.
- Analyzed internal controls, reviewed operations, presented recommendations to management, completed audits within the established time schedules and in accordance with department standards, writes concise and professional audit reports, and develops audit programs.
- Assisted in maintaining the company standard operating procedural manuals.
- Interviewed, selected, hired, and promoted team members. This included training, developing, performance management, conducting disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Managed the onsite working relationship with the external auditors, to include planning and reliance activities.
at this job
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer/lead Auditor
Participated in and led quality audits and surveillances of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction activities for program compliance (ISO-9001, ISO/IEC 17025, ANSI/NCSL Z540, AS9100, and MAP).
- Vital participant in setting up and implementing a MAP/AS9100 Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Developed audit and surveillance plans and checklists.
- Prepared audit and surveillance reports and issued quality impact statements.
- Wrote, reviewed, and evaluated corrective action and non-conformance reports.
- Evaluated supplier quality programs and submittals for compliance to project QA plan requirements.
- Prepared, issued, and maintained the site's Approved Supplier List.
- Participated in Six Sigma improvement projects and team functions.
- Reviewed supplier quality manuals and conducted on-the-job training of QA personnel.
at this job
Loss Prevention Lead Auditor
Lead a team of Auditors in directives and goals designed to maximize the accuracy of shipments inbound, outbound and internally for Newnan RDC. Utilize and create spreadsheets to communicate results to operations management.
- Collaborated with Corporate Loss prevention to be a Regional audit leader for five Distribution centers for the East region duties included solving problems for external DC auditors, trained four Loss Prevention DC auditors, two at their DC facilities on RF and Symbol scanners, and established them with the ability and importance of communicating accuracy results. Recognized as the "Go to guy" for training and shrink audit roll out programs. Communicated regularly in conference calls to align audit goals to fit corporate objectives.
- Investigated inefficiencies of order processes, shipping processes, and helped management to identify areas of concern. Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in multiple operational areas of DC.
- Actively assist in investigations of theft, shrink loss and order surveillance
- Attended and Attained certification in Crown "Train the Trainer" program to train associates in MMHE training.
- Manage and apply training techniques with over 2 years' experience in safe operation of Crown equipment in Warehouse environment. Trained associates in a 2.1 million square foot facility with 140+ industrial pieces of equipment.
at this job
Division Lead Auditor
Performed store chain audit of all grocery and retail merchandise inventories up to $200,000.00
- Supervised staff of up to 7; performed quarterly unscheduled test counts for accuracy verification on all audits and prepared yearly evaluations in addition to interviewing potential new hires and organized staff training
- Prepared payroll submission from weekly activity reports and T&E reimbursement from mileage logs for 7 auditors
- Completed cash reconciliation and verified daily cash deposits of up to $15,000.00 to bank
- Inspected money order control reports
- Prepared variance reports, inventory balance, price list, discrepancies
- Closed out grocery/retail audit, communicating all variances according to operational and financial procedures
- Prepared monthly site audit rotation schedule for up to 96 stores and weekly store schedules for staff of 7
- Ensured store set up and conditions met with OSHA regulations and performed onsite asset surveys
- Successfully brought down overtime per audit shift to 2nd best in the South Florida divisions; all along maintaining a positive team moral and producing accurate audits
at this job
Manage team-based operational, financial, and compliance audits. Responsible for performing risk based audits and leading audit teams for a wide array of audit assignments.
- Train and develop staff auditors. Work hands on with other auditors providing guidance in audit techniques, risk assessments, client relations, audit program creation, testing procedures, and audit report writing.
- Develop audit objectives and audit program steps to address process and financial risks. Responsible for managing audits ensuring work is assigned, completed timely, and workpapers sufficiently support identified risks. Perform workpaper reviews and audit wrap-up procedures verifying audit objectives are achieved and controls properly evaluated.
- Present preliminary audit findings to management discussing identified risks, control gaps, recommendations, and possible corrective action ensuring issues and observations are communicated before audit results are finalized and formally distributed.
- Formulated the audit strategy for annual construction audits across company markets. Created a training program to develop auditors and delegate while overseeing construction projects.
- Perform special projects at management's request, including assisting Security personnel with investigations, ethic hotline inquiries, and conflict of interest reviews.
- Assist with the development and preparation of Audit Committee packages detailing department initiatives, developments, and achievements.
- The MetroPCS Internal Audit department received the highest assessment, Generally Complies, during a quality assessment review performed by The Institute of Internal Auditors in 2008.
at this job