Jewelry Buyer | Sales Professional
Senior buyer for women's fine, designer and contemporary jewelry collections for 3 retail locations of multi brand luxury specialty retailer. Managed seasonal budgets including open to buy, marketing and markdown plans. Developed sales plans and distributed goals. Managed product assortment and allocation. Collaborated with corporate planner in strategic business planning to increase overall performance.
- Increased divisional sales by 42% within the first 8 quarters
- Annual growth from 700k to 1.5m in 3 years through strategic vendor negotiations
- Scheduled, executed and wrapped all jewelry trunk shows for 3 locations and fostered vendor relationships.
- Collaborated with marketing teams in procuring merchandise for seasonal style guides and styled the book each season.
- Achieved personal sales goals while performing buying duties through effective client development and management.
at this job
Jewelry Buyer & Hosiery, Fashion Accessory Division
Fast paced, high volume position buying fashion watches and jewelry for all locations. Added responsibility for hosiery and leggings one year into position
- Executed buying strategy for five jewelry and three watch departments, attending market four to five times a year to identify emerging trends and managing relationships with more than thirty-vendors.
- Utilized negotiation skills to fund quarterly margin dollars and monthly markdowns. Successfully maintained and grew gross margin.
- Managed open to buy for 8 departments including monthly fashion orders for 20 jewelry vendors, consistently on time supplying orders to vendors to ensure timely delivery.
- Forecasted weekly sales and evaluated top sellers/trends to effect open to buy to drive sales.
- Managed, motivated and developed a team of four consisting of two Assist. Buyers and two Assoc. Planners
- Worked closely with 12+ hosiery vendors across three departments to leverage highly seasonal trends/customer needs.
- Created a line of private label fashion jewelry with established jewelry vendor. Worked with the designer and internal fashion office to finalize designs and assortments. Negotiated costs to hit key retails for items such as statement necks and earrings.
- Secured launch of hip new US-made watch brand in Fall 2013. Added incremental sales above financial plan of $500K in the first several months of sales.
- Grew trunk show sales by 35% in 2014 through discovery of new brands and more frequency from select existing vendors, created excitement on selling floor during key storewide events.
- Nominated into Merchant Hall of Fame by "Accessory Magazine" February 2015 by the vendor community.
at this job
Assistant Jewelry Buyer
- Owner of over 90 domestic jewelry vendors
- Product develop, including select merchandise
- Allocate buying with vendors to determine projections of orders
- Work with team of graphic designers and photographers to determine how product is photographed and presented to ensure sales of both catalog and digital
at this job