Database Administrator, Software Engineer & Team Lead (it Architect)
Led a team which developed and maintained a web-based solution, using DB2 UDB, WebSphere (WAS & WSAD), Tomcat, Apache, Perl, MySQL, C, C++, SQL, AIX, Linux (and many other technologies), which provided a request mechanism for end-users to manage their network, voice and facilities moves, adds and changes.
- Performed extraction, translation & loading (ETL) of data from various network devices (Cisco ethernet routers & switches, DNS servers, etc) and telecom (Siemens) devices.
- Wrote and maintained over 120ksloc of C and Perl code.
- Managed requirements, schedule, problem resolution, and controlled quality on 42 projects.
- Performed administration on 20 AIX, Linux and Windows system including complete builds, configuration, resource (storage) allocation & sharing (HACMP), Disaster Recovery, and system security (hardening).
- Utilized Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and other tools for backup and recovery.
- Personally responsible for maintaining the underlying environment (AIX & Linux), and ensuring the Domino installation was kept up to date with patches as well as informing management of potential security issues.
- Designed and maintained Notes databases/applications (Java & NotesScript) & integrated with legacy systems.
- Project manager for numerous sub-projects and supervisor (mentor) of a small team.
at this job
IT Architect / Owner
Installed, and Configured Symantec Netbackup Clients
- Implemented Backup Strategy for customer in multiple locations.
- Installed and Configured Symantec Netbackup 5.1 - 6.5.
- Wrote best practice processes and procedures for operational staff for Netbackup infrastructure.
- Remediation of nightly backup errors for critical applications and NDMP backups
at this job
IT Architect, Vice President
Provide architectural leadership and technical consultation to business managers and application development personnel responsible for business process improvement. Primary responsibilities include planning, designing, evaluating and recommending hardware, software, protocols, management tools, and security components.
- Evaluate, recommend, and assist with initial implementation of infrastructure technologies.
- Manage, plan, and organize specialized business application implementations.
- Provided technical expertise, design, implementation and documentation for building NT domain structure, converting NetWare servers to NT servers and converting Windows 3.x, WIN95, and WinNT clients to WINNT4.
- Responsible for setting companies Client/Server configuration standards for hardware and software.
- Responsible for evaluation and recommending Client/Server technologies.
- Installed and configured more than 20 WIN NT 4.0 server solutions that included SNA, SQL, File/print, WINS, DHCP and Account Authentication. These servers included installation with many 3rd party vendors that included special business applications.
at this job
Served as Empire's Plan Profile database administrator.
- Managed all projects and maintenance activities associated with Plan Profile.
- Performed as ITS Global Certification Test Coordinator for ten ITS software releases.
- Performed as Blue Exchange Business Associate Profile (BAP) Manager and Blue Exchange Global
at this job
Director of Technology; Associate MIS Director; Chief IT Architect
Director of Technology, Associate MIS Director, and Chief IT Architect for [company name], coordinating with the Supreme Court Chief Justice and the Director of the Administrative Office of the Courts to provide services to the District and Appellate Courts in all 77 counties of Oklahoma.
- Direct management of senior management in Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Research and Development, Network and Security Services, Database Services, Web Development Services, and Inventory/Asset Management.
- Led the design process for software and hardware solutions for the Court Information System to ensure compatibility, support, and expansion. Worked with team leaders to identify business requirements, and developed a technical solution to achieve those requirements.
- Redesign of the architecture and Active Directory services to implement multiple data centers throughout the state to increase uptime, replication services, disaster recovery, and redundancy of systems.
- Designed and built redundant 2500 square feet data center for statewide redundancy.
- Designed and led the migration of all platforms from third party system to internally developed system. This migration included all hardware, software, storage, databases, network, and security services.
- Redesigned overall State network to MPLS for consistent, redundant network connectivity.
at this job
Analyzed current IT methodologies, emerging technologies, lessons learned and best practices for implementation into the command and control (C2) enterprise.
- Authored documentation to establish a small datacenter for hosting of the C2RMS platform.
- Upgraded all IBM Rational and WebSphere Applications. Installed required/recommended fixpacks.
- Transformed outdated requirement "shall" statements into use case, user stories and epics.
- Developed acquisition documentation for staffing and validation through the JCIDS (Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System) process.
- Developed cost, resource and schedule analysis for ACC/A8C activities and tasks.
- Technical Environment: ARIS Platform, Active Directory, Agile, CA Erwin, Cisco, DODAF, DOTMLPF, FEAF, Java, JCIDS, J2EE, LDAP, MODAF, MS Office, MS Project, MS Office SharePoint Portal Server, MS […] Server, MS Windows, OpenUP, Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, Rational Method Composer, Rational ProjectConsole, Rational RDA, Rational ReqPro, SCRUM, SOA, SOAP, SOE, Symantec Backup Exec, Symantec Anti Virus, TOGAF, WebSphere Business Modeler, WSDL, WebSphere MQ, XML, XSD, XSLT, XPath, XQuery, Zachman.
at this job
Principal IT Architect
Lead business development efforts overseeing $500-$700M in IT sales working with large global international accounts in Latin American and regional companies spanning the US, overseeing global strategy and outsourcing to India and China
- Accountable for overall strategic direction, growth of sales and new business development initiatives by working from RFP to client delivery; travel to clients' site worldwide, learning their culture and ways of doing business that has helped continue with healthy growth within the account; understand scope of the project; review requirements and help solve IT problems
- Continually work with clients throughout the project, implementing Services as Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Manage profit, expenses, sales and marketing initiatives, and financial reporting while keeping C-level executives apprised on new developments and milestones
- Rigorously stay on top of each project, collaborating with team, ensuring on time delivery and satisfaction every step of the way
- Institute risk assessments and corresponding remediation plans relative to complex IT services proposals
- Compose Statement of Work, Cost Models and other documents using automation tools to develop detailed and accurate deliverables that specify processes, technology, team and project management tools involved
- Act as a SME for managed IT services, to customers, ranging from formal advice to internal/external customer presentations
- Employee of the Quarter • Team Contributor of the Quarter FY10Q3
- Outstanding Team Performance 2012
- Lead Architect for Latin America out of 10-15 team members, utilizing communications in English, Spanish and some Portuguese
at this job
Lead IT Architect
Project lead to migration of System Center Configuration Manager 2007 infrastructure from Physical server to Virtual server platform to support
- Design and implementing Internet-based Client Management (IBCM) to help Fairfax County to manage mobile devices (Travel & Home workers).
- Design, plan and implement Symantec Mobile Device Manage (MDM) solution which integrates with Microsoft System Center Platform to support Fairfax County's Mobile management Initiative.
- Design System Center Configuration Manager 2012 and planning the migration from SCCM 2007 for entire Fairfax County.
- Developed SCCM training material and provide "class-room" training on Configuration Manager 2007 for Fairfax County's IT staffs.
- Provide top-tiered technical support for Fairfax County's SCCM infrastructure.
- Review and plan the migration to Microsoft Office 365 Cloud service from existing "On-Premise" Exchange 2010.
at this job
IT Architect/ Project Leader
Supported the integration and enhancement of several HR, Finance and Administrative systems.
- Liaising with business partners, other Technology Solutions organizations and external vendors to define the business and technical requirements at the program level.
- Created documentation of business and technical needs analysis, functional requirements, gap analysis, use cases, scope maps, vendor negotiations, risk assessments, infrastructure design, and business unit reports.
- Facilitated weekly TRB/CAB meetings and other Change Management responsibilities.
- Project management technologies include both Microsoft Project and CA Clarity PPM.
at this job
Responsible for the design, architect and implement of the Automated Secure Release management processes round the clock.
- Upgrade from time consuming manual build and deployment into automated secure processes. This automation exceeds strict security audit by clients and internal PCI audit.
- Provide direction and support to junior level personnel
- Communicate with clear and concise communication at all levels of technical and business management staff and the ability to work effectively in a diverse technical team with minimal supervision.
- Support Window Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server environment and integrated with our distributed automated release management.
- Plan and provide resources on hardware, software to support this secure automated release management across the globe.
at this job