IT Architect Specialist
Managed feasibility studies and both high and low level designs over 10 IT and Telco projects with Value Added
Services impacts each year.
- Involvement on the IT Transformation projects: Data Policy and Charging and Multi-VAS platforms, as well designing
- Mastered key knowledge of SAPC (Ericsson PCRF), MBC (Ericsson Data Charging).
- Implemented the ALU AAA platform, defined requirements and managed integration.
- Designed the Christmas promotion projects over the last three years, which brings over 300k new customer
- Document and design IT architecture for Value Added Services.
at this job
Vice President - IT Architect
Performed project reviews to ensure technical designs met standards of approved software, compliance and SDLC documentation.
- IT Optimization Project Lead - $1.5MM savings in MIPS charges realized annually.
- Managed a team of onshore and offshore consultants in analyzing application chargebacks and implementing improvements for reducing MIPS charges.
- Developed data collection tools for validating MIPS cost savings initiatives.
- Tracked progress of IT optimization projects.
- Organized and promoted DB2 IT optimization seminars.
- On boarded all mainframe developers to an auditable system for requesting temporary access to production systems and data.
at this job
Led integration of various call center technologies (e.g. Genesys) for over 18,000 seat call center
- Conducted several workshops with IBM teams for designing the end to end solutions
- Designed a distributed solution capable of handling call volume of 132 calls per second
- Led a team to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve issues related to network, applications and users
at this job
Global IT Architect Leader
Provided IT architecture, innovation, infrastructure and system design, and expense control consulting for $50M automotive account. Supervised architects in US, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Managed software development, implementation, and integration. Served as Chairperson of Architecture Review Board.
- Provided leadership to the architecture review board for the General Motors - manufacturing process area increasing productivity, implementing architecture governance, help reduce cost by standardization.
- Lead the team in "Server Consolidation" initiative. Analyzed, and rationalized 30 applications, and consolidated 20% of the servers.
- Designed next generation manufacturing architecture, using MES model.
- Created company's architecture review methodology, based on TOGAF model, to improve consistency and transparency. Trained more than 40 architects in the review methodology.
- Contributed to success of Global Performance Management application by leading performance tuning, resolving bottlenecks, and providing technology recommendations for critical applications and COTs. Ensured compliance with SOX requirements.
- Managed IBM Maximo software global deployment architecture to maximize scalability, tool integration, and systems engineering for manufacturing plants.
- Served as Senior Technical Solution Leader for disaster recovery datacenter build project.
- Technology, concepts exercised: Enterprise Architecture, Application Architecture, Security Architecture, Infrastructure Design, Global Deployment, Regional Deployments, Architectural standards and deviations, Vendor Product Roadmap, Java, J2EE, Oracle, IBM Web Sphere, Maximo and Cognos.
at this job
Led the services architecture roadmap, as part of which conducted SWOT analysis on 127 services applications which culminated in the decision for merging 2 big oracle application instances across Cisco. Eventually led the effort on the execution on this roadmap.
- Led effort across all of Services IT and business to capture all processes, applications and data into the architecture tool called System Architect for gathering impact analysis for new business capabilities.
- Influenced CA business teams to migrate 8 business led Shadow IT applications to the IT enterprise platform.
- Built Cisco enterprise architecture diagram depicting Oracle applications and integrations across the enterprise which was widely used by senior management.
- Implemented 10 Rosettanet PIPs with service logistics partners UPS, FLASH, DHL, FEDEX etc.
- Built ANSI X.12 EDI system using 214, 846, 940, 943, 944, 945, 996 transactions.
- Developed standards and best practices for Oracle 11i implementation.
- Mentored and trained new resources.
at this job
IT Architect Associate, CTO
Developed the IT strategic vision for GroupWare and Mobile Messaging
- Collaborated with vendors to develop and implement long term solutions to resolve major hardships afflicting the business
- Successfully designed and architected solutions for business critical projects
- Created the current PC imaging workflow to streamline the process for IT and vendors
- Performed strategic analysis of e-mail platform which identified a significant storage savings with implementation of new policies, procedures and through the use of vendor professional services.
- Selected and implemented GOOD Mobile MDM/BYOD solution that would be secure, scalable and manageable
at this job
Global IT Architect, Associate Director
Managed the Clinical Informatics Program as the architect and development manager. Delivered multiple applications including CRO-Dashboard, Clinical Study View, EDC Lab and External Access Portal.
- Managed a blended team of 20 on-shore and off-shore engineers. Worked closely with BA, QA, product management, business stakeholder and IT operations throughout the SDLC process.
- Served on the Architecture Committee. Helped develop enterprise architecture principles and patterns.
- Helped the PMO develop cross-program roadmap to clarify and streamline touch points between programs such as data integration, master data management and enterprise security.
- Developed detailed estimates, resource assignments and project plans. Adopted agile development methodology. Conducted daily SCRUM meetings and defect triage.
at this job
Senior - IT Architect - Data Center Specialist - Project Manager
Successfully supported Chief Technical Officer in managing technical design and delivery of client contracts. Briefed customer on options and status, Issues and go-forward solutions..
- Achieved client Server Ready for Use SLA's by creating MS Project template and training Project Managers on their initial Server Hosting projects.
- As Systems PM met clients timing, quality, and cost for standup of Medicare server hosting project.
- Successfully created requirements baseline, staffed, designed, created implementation schedule and BOM, purchased equipment and software for Colorado CBMS project
- Architectural designs won multi-million dollar data center hosting contracts for Medicare, FDA, Army, Navy, and Department of Home Land Security. Member of Matrixed team.
- Successfully met Clients tight 90 day hosting solution standup SLA. Accessed issues with standup and then generated missing installer engineering documentation for racking, servers configurations, cabling diagrams that met STIGS requirements.
- Received $4.5 Million dollar Bank Client contract. CIO requested review of third party Server refresh design. Accessed system architecture as not providing additional capability. Architected alternative design that included High Availability and met client technical needs within budget.
- Provided PM & Infrastructure Architecture support of RFP response for Server consolidation that reduced physical server count from 700+ physical servers to less than 200 for major re-hosting project.
- Won $12 million 3 year Govt contract by reducing infrastructure expenses $1.8 Million.
- Architected Hybrid Private Cloud Solution for FDA contract.
at this job
Project Manager & IT Architect
Led the requirements gathering, design and development of a database system for rollout to multiple provincial/municipal governments.
- Managed team of developers and supporting staff for the project.
- Ensured the project exceeded client expectations which it did through proactive management of resources and expectations.
- Managed the overall schedule to ensure work is assigned and completed on time and within budget.
- Team building skills so that the people work together well, and feel motivated to work hard for the sake of the project and their other team members. The larger your team and the longer the project, the more important it is to have good team-building skills.
- Managed and Planned Backup Solution plan by building EMC HP SAN.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained networks for all systems, from hardware and OS selection to implementation and ongoing maintenance, including maintenance and configuration of Terminal services, ISA firewall and Firepass VPN gateway, active directory, domain control, exchange server.
- Provided ongoing knowledge transfer and training on all systems to the various levels of client staff
at this job
Senior IT Architect/engineer
Lead the architectural design, documentation, planning, and implementation of a secure, reliable, redundant, and scalable infrastructure to meet the long term growth demands of the company while reducing overall IT support cost.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- VMware Server Virtualization - Led the company's efforts in reducing Data Center footprint and backend administration costs through a major implementation of server virtualization technology resulting in a 100% virtualized environment.
- Overall responsibilities for the upgrade of the company systems from Exchange 2003 to 2010. Project was completed on time and under budget with minimal service disruptions.
- Led the efforts in the planning and completion of the organization's Disaster Recovery strategy. Solution reclaimed decommissioned hardware from the server virtualization project. Such decisions helped deliver this effort with a zero dollar cost investment to the organization..
- Proposed, designed and implemented IT infrastructure around SOX and ISO 13485 compliance.
at this job