Reporting to the President, directed all HR activities for the Pacific Division with $750 M in revenue, four offices and 1,025 employees.
- Led the company initiative that won a "Best Places to Work" award for Orange County.
- Created a recruiting strategy to support a 50% growth in the employee population in one year while saving over […] in recruiting fees.
- Designed a plan to maintain the current family/employee owned culture while in a high growth mode.
- Designed and developed a competency model to attract and retain top performers.
at this job
Provide leadership and management of the full range of HR functions to the two largest revenue generating businesses, Single Family and the Multifamily business lines representing more than $4 trillion in assets or 85% of the company's revenue. Partner with key executives across the businesses to drive employee engagement, morale, and performance in an environment experiencing both significant external and internal organizational change. Establish and implement short- and long-term corporate human capital plans, which include maintaining or improving employee relations, talent acquisition and development, succession planning, workforce planning, compensation and benefits, and performance management.
- Guided the executive team through organizational restructurings which created a more flexible, cost-efficient workforce.
- Designed an employee engagement strategy that improved morale, retained talent, and business continuity through multiple changes with the executive leadership team.
- Maintained less than 4% voluntary turnover in the Multifamily business and 8% voluntary turnover in the Single Family businesses in an environment with intense external pressures
- Instituted a formal performance management process that built performance accountability into all levels of the process.
at this job
Recruited into new corporate talent management group to serve as talent management business partner for Fresh Dairy Direct, $8.5 billion business. Reported to Vice President of Talent Management, and partnered with senior executives of Sales and Distribution, managing talent assessment, selection and recruitment.
- Partnered with SVP Sales for Wal-Mart to build new Wal-Mart team with internal selection and external hires in order to expand revenue and serve customer needs.
- Key player in sales restructure pilot to align talent with reduced headcount in the southeast region.
- Designed and developed comprehensive interview guides to improve candidate quality through testing both analytical and interpersonal attributes.
- Created sourcing strategies and led internal and external search and calibration process for sales and distribution positions.
- Built strong relationships with senior management, hiring managers and HR Business Partners to enable systematic decision making across the team.
- Led training on field rollout of HR Smart Applicant Tracking System.
- Tracked and reported metrics, identifying trends and establishing recruiting goals to meet business needs.
at this job
HR Director/business Partner
Partnered with the President of Television, EVP Human Resources, and their leadership teams to develop and execute the HR strategies and activities that fostered growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. Analyzed priorities and translated them into an HR agenda and goals that supported the business. Assessed human capital needs in areas such as talent management, employee relations, compensation, career and leadership development and determined the appropriate solutions.
- Served as strategic adviser on all departmental restructuring, workforce planning and business realignments.
- Conducted Talent Review and Succession Planning sessions to determine organizational deficiencies and built development plans to fill gaps.
- Participated in contract negotiations for key executives and on-air talent.
- Partnered with senior leadership to evaluate on-air talent to determine contract renewal or termination.
- Functioned as acting HR Business Partner for the Sales organization effective August 2013.
- Functioned as acting head of Total Rewards overseeing Compensation, Benefits, and Wellness team and programs effective February 2014.
at this job
Served as a key member in developing sustainable workplace capabilities and a motivational culture to encourage productivity and deliver desired outcomes. Sharp business acumen and experienced in managing broad scope of HR operations, from coordinating employee development programs and administering benefit programs to implementing information/data systems and preparing training programs. Actively provided consultative services to Management regarding federal, state and policy compliance.
- Updated recruitment processes, encompassing sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection, and onboarding
- Spearheaded the annual employee performance appraisal process
- Served as Project Manager of the company's first Human Resources Information System
- Selected benefit programs for medical, dental, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401 (k), and workers compensation
- Implemented new payroll procedures to streamline the entire payroll process
- Introduced a new company compensation program based on seniority, title, and performance
at this job
Spearheaded all Human Resources administration for large hotel. Specialized in deftly coordinating communications between employees, franchise/property management, hotel corporate management, ownership group, and labor representatives; served as primary point-of-contact for each.
- Created culture of fairness and mutual respect with labor representatives while upholding company standards. Integrated customer-centered management into Human Resources training programs.
- Fostered employee and organizational development, encouraging strengths and identifying potential areas of growth. Developed and taught extensive training programs for management/employees on diversity inclusion, leadership, change management, sexual harassment, and legal compliance.
- Utilized conflict resolution and coalition building to achieve zero lawsuits, arbitrations, or labor strikes in five year span - even during difficult transitional period (no other hotel in the region achieved the same).
- Recognized by executive management for excellence in community/labor relations;
- Innovated recruiting system that ensured all candidates were highly qualified without violating union guidelines.
- Created and implemented safety protocols that successfully reduced workplace incidents by 25%.
- Empowered Human Resources culture centered on responsiveness, responsibility, and inclusion.
at this job
Responsible for HR Field Operations in all Supply Chain and Direct Delivery locations (New Jersey through Chicago). Area included over 1,300 employees and 8 direct reports.
- Successfully defeated 2 union organizing campaigns
- Developed and implemented the conversion of salaried route sales representatives to an hourly pay structure in our NJ market
- Increased staffing by 71% to fill 197 incremental positions to support business growth
at this job
Launched & grew non-profit start-up. Built & managed HR operations. Launched services into San Antonio and surrounding communities. Implemented HRIS systems. Held seat on Board of Directors. Developed & administered objective based youth training programs, intern and volunteer programs. Created, administered & managed budget. Managed staff of three, five interns and 50 annual volunteers.
- Structured and implemented creative training programs for employees, youth and volunteers adapting to challenges within “revolving door” of foster care population.
- Developed and administered organization budget contending with trends in non-profit funding.
- Fostered a teamwork/open-door environment conducive to positive dialogue across the organization, San Antonio non-profit and Business community, Board of Directors, Employees, Interns, Youth and Volunteers.
- Project Managed and Chaired the Program and Operation Committees engaging Non-Profit and Business community to participate and play strategic role in development of essential programs
- Ensured on-time delivery of products, training programs including calendar management and accountability measures.
at this job
Director-level compensation role with accountabilities to manage and drive compensation programs, processes and consulting services across multiple divisions including sales, service, logistics and headquarter groups encompassing 4,500 employees, supporting HRVP and 15 HR Partners.
- Provide consulting and coaching to business leaders including best practices, common methodologies, available tools, etc regarding human resource issues in the areas of organizational design, talent management and compensation
- Developed and executed an integrated Salary Planning and Short Term Incentive program within the Performance Management Process to successfully meet tight timeframe with high level of accuracy.
- Led the annual sales incentive plan design process across multiple Divisions, including objective and commission based plans for 1,000 sales employees including sales, service and consulting groups.
- Provided critical support during union negotiations, avoiding costly concessions or work stoppages.
- Implement multiple layers of diverse programs and processes that address needs of the business.
at this job
Developed and implemented processes & programs to support growth & transition. Provided recruiting methodologies that resulted in better workforce.
- Implemented management and compliance training.
- Revamped content and delivery of orientation materials creating a more interactive program.
- Managed and communicated corporate-wide benefits upgrade, expanding benefits and providers while reducing costs. Prepared and maintained employee files.
- Trained management team on interviewing techniques and best practices, conducting workshops and one-on-one coaching sessions that contributed to sound hiring decisions. Devised creative and cost-effective incentive and morale-boosting programs (including special events and a tiered awards structure) that increased employee satisfaction and productivity.
- Reworked new-hire orientation program to include HR information and company resources.
at this job