High School Science Teacher
- Developed highly engaging lesson plans for four different high school level science classes
- Implemented core learning standards in lessons as outlined by the State of Illinois.
- Participated in a team learning environment and collaborated with other teachers and staff.
- Communicated with parents and administrators as necessary to ensure student progress and performance
- Mentored high school students
- Advised the Ashton High School Science Activity Club and yearly field trips for student club members
at this job
High School Science Teacher (biology Credentialed)
- Taught integrated coordinated science, biology, and Advanced Placement biology courses in an inner city neighborhood in the Los Angeles Unified School District.
- In 2008 led science department in annual California state assessments with over 50% of students achieving a score of "proficiency" or higher.
- During […] taught the only students to pass the AP biology exam out of two different biology teachers
- Served as school "Chemical Safety Coordinator" for two years maintaining up-to-date inventory of chemicals and monitoring proper disposal of hazardous materials.
at this job