Senior Functional Analyst
Led research initiatives and analyses and resolutions of client issues; focused upon process improvement. Managed individual-participant cases to ensure timely closure and conducted appropriate trend analysis on escalations. Reported development, creations, and resolutions to meet client and internal needs; employed applications, such as SQL and data-manipulation applications and tools. Constructed tests and implemented portions of business solutions through the application of appropriate software. Researched business environment and technical content. Investigated and resolved problems with appropriate software and standard systems. Analyzed, identified, and resolved technical problems. Directed testing system architecture, upgrades and enhancements. Prepared and stored documentation for future reference. Processed administrative work for clients daily. Managed the weekly production moves to ensure all system updates were tested and signed off executed.
- Increased efficiency and reduced errors by streamlining front-end processes employing SQL and specific company applications.
- Reduced urgent escalations within 24 hours by performing timely, successful resolutions.
- Improved monthly reporting by identifying client needs and executing measures to satisfy those needs.
at this job
Tier 3 setup, performance tuning, monitoring, and issue resolution of software and hardware for a business-critical asset delivery system.
- Supported and configured SCC MediaServer, SCC MediaGrid, SCC MediaFactory, Serv-U FTP server, Microsoft SQL 2005, FileZilla Server and Client, and internally developed applications.
- Collaborated with other teams and departments to build, enhance, and extend operability of delivery system.
- Final tier support for customer facing issues.
- Created vital policy and procedure documentation for use by multiple departments in support of delivery system and applications.
- Responsible for training new Tier 3 staff.
at this job
Functional Analyst and Technical Lead
Consultant for Boeing Limited on a large Visual Basic / Oracle financials application consisting of several highly complex subsystems. Responsible for gathering requirements from the client, creating test scripts, conducting user acceptance testing, implementing the design, and providing database support of the entire application performing roles developer, tester, and analyst at various times on the project.
- Successfully implemented process improvements including an application deployment strategy by overseeing all production releases and ensuring they are properly packaged, supported, coordinated, and documented.
- Stabilized Oracle database test environment by providing DBA-related support: coordinating and implementing schema alterations, maintaining security, monitoring data integrity, and implementing batch processes.
- Accurately converted production data from legacy systems with detailed documentation. Accomplished this milestone by designing staging tables and stored procedures using PL/SQL to collect data and relationships from multiple legacy systems and platforms.
- Successfully incorporated standardized database modifications to the data model for over 400 tables utilizing ERwin.
- Accomplished 100% audit pass rate for the Sarbanes-Oxley act section 404 by successfully constructing and implementing controls for change management, production and security.
at this job
Detects inefficiencies or conflicts in systems and processes with the Total Force Manpower Management System (TFMMS) and the TFMMS Micro Manpower Change Application (TMMCA) programs to help identify effective improvements to these manpower systems
- Participates in various testing functions by using string and acceptance tests to verify the accuracy of the tests conducted and also that results are correct
- Assists in gathering information from users, defining issues and analyzing results in order to design systems and procedures for process improvement and process standardization
- Researches, identifies, and recommends resources required for task execution and completion.
- Performs SQL queries in FOX-PRO 9.0 to obtain data, analyze that data, identify deficiencies, and implement corrective action
- Developed 80 detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), on how to conduct daily and monthly business in TFMMS, TMMCA and other tasks to greatly reduce the risk of a "single point of failure" in the NAVMAC Functional Management Department. These SOPs are used in the other departments as a valuable resource in training newly assigned personnel
at this job
Coordinate production fixes between Customer team and Development team, facilitating
change management and researching critical production issues
- Led the over-redemption correction project, which rectified clerical errors resulting in an extra
- Identified several data discrepancies between two primary systems, initiated the correction
- Serve as primary liaison between the Finance and Customer Relations teams, establishing the reporting parameters and key infrastructure between Southwest Airlines and HP Siebel
at this job
Systems Integration & Functional Analyst/tester
Excelled in a team setting to design, plan, develop, and implement end user training, testing strategies, and test execution for a enterprise software solution
- Created and assisted with requirement/design documents of a system.
- Performed functional design and test planning, preparation and executions such as the creation of data and scripts to test complex systems.
- Executed Test Scripts using Unix, SQL and other various tools in order to ensure the system was functioning as expected and identified defects.
- Trained new and assisted current resources in my subject of expertise of the developed system.
- Collaborated with external clients and internal project teams (10+ people) to provide high-quality and timely deliverables within project scope and contractual obligations
- Maintain project schedules, testing metrics, and issue trackers to keep senior leadership informed of testing status and to monitor high level risks
- Coordinated the development of end user training, testing, and deployment schedules for a global software release
- Demonstrated the ability to build trusted relationships with clients and team members by taking ownership, leading with a strong work ethic and a high level of accountability
at this job
Facilitated weekly New Hire Orientations as master of ceremonies
- Supported all merger & acquisition activity as related to New Hire Orientation;
- Prepared and distributed all Orientation materials
- Performed administrative tasks to support managers and tasks pertaining to new hires;
- Tracked new hire participation in the federal Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program and systematically composed outbound communications which resulted in a marked increase of participation
- Created and maintained expenditure reports to monitor and effectively reduce department spending
at this job
Principal Functional Analyst, SETA
Missile Defense Agency (MDA) position as a project manager within the MDA Chief Information Office (CIO) for Information Management.
- Chaired the ICE (Integrated Content Environment) IPT (Integrated Process Team), which produced an Agency Directive for centralized information sharing within the MDA.
- Maintained direct communication with leaders in each directorate of the MDA to synchronize information management and support mission success.
- Supplied multilevel guidance for the creation, storage, and distribution of MDA knowledge and content to provide DoD Privacy and Records Management compliance.
- Evaluated methods and capabilities to use and share MDA Enterprise data to create a cohesive data environment.
- Authored policies, procedures, and information on the content and privacy management strategies for MDA producing SSN reduction usage.
- Created means of information sharing and collaboration using SharePoint; while integrating new systems and standards.
- Strengthened MDA interaction and accountability with DoD CIO, Defense Privacy Office, National Archives and Research Administration, and other DoD Component Offices producing superior interagency communication
- Contributor to annual FISMA report submitted by the MDA which resulted in the MDA recognition as a top DoD agency for the completion of this annual report.
at this job
Assisted DOD Agencies, AF MAJCOMS, HQ USAF, stakeholders and end users regarding system issues pertaining to Med Web applications ensuring proper resolution while performing other tasks that are assigned.
- Gathered and defined requirements, as well as wrote Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) and Requirement Traceability Matrix for system conversions from Cold Fusion to .NET
- Ensured all System Engineering Process documentation is completed and coordinated for the systems assigned as well as ensuring the projects are on or ahead of schedule.
- Provides requirements management support and responsible for loading project requirement documents and assists projects in linking requirements into HP Quality Center for testing traceability purposes.
- Supported the Air Force Medical Omnibus Web Applications Pool (AFMOWAP) commonly referred to as the AFMS Web Service program, which consists of multiple servers running various operating systems, application and database software in support of multiple web based applications.
- Provided senior level systems engineering and program management support to the AFMOWAP PMO to ensure compliance with the organizational Systems Engineering Process (SEP).
at this job
Sr. Functional Analyst
Supported customers by managing their submitted issues from initial report to final solution.
- Solved 20-25 issues/month (Supply Chain Planning/Fulfillment) by finding the root cause of the problem and then providing a solution or workaround to the customer.
- Performed multiple installations of the Supply Chain application in AIX, Sun Solaris and Windows
- Documented issues using defect tracking tool (Serena) contributing to increase the database of known
at this job