Joined this management advisory firm serving government agencies and various industries to handle day-to-day accounting for a group of companies. Prepare bank reconciliations, update cash flows, complete tax returns, generate managerial reports, conduct risk assessment, ensure compliance, process payrolls and perform month-end closings. Maintain fixed assets register, develop project costing summaries and prepare budgets ($1 million in expenses, $4.5 million in revenue per annum). Entrusted to complete special projects as necessary.
- Improved client satisfaction by implementing a project follow-up system that included client surveys and management evaluations.
- Eliminated invoicing duplication and related complaints by preparing bill and receipt for manual bills separately.
- Maintained accurate invoice summary and collection records to enhance monitoring of billing and cash inflows.
- Reduced processing time of invoices from 15 to seven days by developing and administering a job costing system to provide up-to-date information on variance between labor hours, expenses and billing.
- Championed initiative to provide managing directors with monthly financial reports on or around the 10th of the month as opposed to between the 20th and 25th to enhance decision-making capabilities.
- Quickly earned reputation for reliability, efficiency and ability to resolve issues and assist peers.
- Credited with cleaning up company accounts including uncovering and writing off old debtors and duplicate creditors, clearing journals and collaborating with external accountants in reclassifying expenses and assets.
at this job
Provide monthly, quarterly and annual consolidation and reporting processes for regional product lines. Prepare quarterly and annual sub-schedules, variance analysis, and free cash flow statements. Cost management experience related to monitoring of direct, indirect and variable costs and calculation of volumes and pricing at month end. Prepare and load forecasts and budget templates. Provide financial support to the business units through prepaid account management, royalty calculations, cement assessment dues, related account reconciliations, sales and volume analysis, audit requests internal/external and related tax support.
- Assisted in absorbing accounting functions provided in Western Region, resulted in decrease of regional costs by $1.2M.
- Reduced prepaid insurance costs by $10K in refunds by identifying idle, transferred, and sold assets.
- Lead participant in creating video training modules for department job functions for ease of task transition.
at this job
Completed financial statements accurately and in a timely manner for an international trading company.
- Managed 50 invoices and 2 credit card statements each month and systemized the recording process (business transaction analysis, journalizing and posting).
- Calculated 10 employee payroll costs and recorded the payroll; prepared monthly payroll and sales tax return.
- Organized and tracked inventory and receivable ledger accounts, and accelerated liquidity of operating cycle by 15%.
- Managed 2 bank statements reconciliation and maintenance of 7 fixed asset ledgers.
at this job
Coordinated daily, weekly and monthly accounting processes to properly record and classify financial transactions for Operations Accounting.
- Maintained integrity of general ledger, including the chart of accounts.
- Compiled general ledger entries on a short schedule with nearly 100% accuracy.
- Provided transactional fraud consultation for discretionary and policy actions on credit card usage.
- Improved accounting work flow processes by implementing paperless formats; attributed to 30% reduction on company overhead costs.
- Increased work flow efficiencies by adopting and utilizing macro based automation methods.
- Developed and implemented team SOP and departmental best practices on internal and external financial fraud control/prevention.
- Retained approximately $150,000 to $200,000 in company revenue savings attributed to financial fraud control.
- Implemented company-wide investigatory standards and proactive measures on credit card fraud prevention and control.
- Trained five (10) new employees on accounting principles and company procedures.
at this job
Financial Accountant / Supervisor
- Trained and supervised a small team that help increased financial efficiency by 35%.
- Identified and prevented a problem of double obligating medical supplies by creating an internal fiscal report, which saved the government $592,220.
- Validated, reconciled, and adjusted over 6,500 transactions worth $11 million dollars that was requested in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
- Verified and eliminated 61% of records valued at $1.5 million dollars due to the manufacturer(s)' incapability to fulfill the orders within certain time frames.
- Validated 4th quarter of 2011 fiscal year (7,823 records valued at $2,964,388.79) to ensure the most responsible and efficient use of limited resources.
at this job
Publicly Traded Industrial Commodities Distribution Company (OTC: CDII) Deerfield, FL
- Assisted CFO with preparation of financial statements and 10Q/10K SEC filings to comply with U.S. GAAP
- Performed corporate consolidation and currency conversions for domestic and international locations
- Prepared reverse merger pro-forma financial statements and conducted variance analysis for investor updates
- Conducted financial analysis and research to advise senior management on forecasting decisions
- Managed client relationships and expectations; Maintained and reconciled fixed assets and audit schedules
at this job
Staff Accountant / Financial Accountant / General Ledger Accountant
Performed diverse responsibilities in a series of positions with increasing responsibilities with an international medical waste removal company based in Australia. Reconciled balance sheets and generated monthly reports for 2 U.S. entities with combined revenue of $1.8M. Responsible for processing invoices, collections, A/P, A/R, bank reconciliations and processing payroll. Entrusted to sign checks and make wire transfers. Arranged travel and assumed Human Resources duties in addition to accounting responsibilities.
- Improved audit accuracy by creating new procedures for documentation of balance sheet accounts.
- Developed a system of monitoring cash flow and timely wire transfers to ensure that the company was able to meet payroll obligations as required by law, and pay vendors; reduced overdraft and finance fees.
- Streamlined collections process, moving accounts with balances as high as $100K from payment in 365+ days to payment in 30 days. Dramatically improved company cash flow while resolving customer issues.
- Collaborated with Pronto software provider to improve accounting accuracy in invoices and journal entries, resulting in more accurate financial analysis of monthly reports.
- Analyzed financial data collected from all U.S. locations, producing monthly reports for corporate office in Australia including cash flow reports, financial statements and more.
- Acted as subject matter expert, resolving issues and training colleagues in other accounting roles.
- Assisted in acquisition of Joint Ventures including combining accounting processes.
- Assumed supervision and training of accounting staff for 6 months in the absence of a controller.
- Initiated fraud prevention system of A/P checks and balances. Improved recordkeeping accuracy, resulting in higher audit scores.
- Developed a new system of revenue reconciliation to accommodate 700% growth in customer base.
at this job
Responsible for various accounting transactions and operational duties, working closely with plant accountants and controllers to improve the quality of SAP fixed assets system. Prepared monthly schedules for Hyperion reporting.
- Led the first post Unilever fixed asset physical audit. Provided process improvements through creation of enhanced reporting tools and procedures. Created training documentation for the fixed asset roles and provided training sessions improving office efficiency and fixed asset standardization.
- Responsible for treasury application process and bank reconciliations for all divisions.
- Created reporting template for global royalties resulting in efficiency and accuracy in consolidation and reporting.
- Prepared monthly fluctuation analysis for multiple groups to ensure budgetary compliance.
- Administered appropriation request and capital budget databases for North American region and subject matter expert for global organization.
- Reconciled balance sheet accounts and maintained appropriate accruals.
- Responsible for over $900MM in fixed assets including: capitalizations, interest, depreciation and monthly reporting.
at this job
Volunteer Financial Accountant
- Approved daily cash entries and inputted returned checks entries into AMS accounting system
- Reconciled banking services fees with bank statements and prepared next 5-year bank contract bids
- Performed monthly fund analysis of the $1.5 billion investment pool by utilizing v-lookup, Pivot Tables
- Supported managers to file the Investment Report and to increase the return by 0.1% or $1.5 million
- Evaluated the $2 million bank collateral monthly and monitored deposit balance to ensure compliance
at this job
Create PowerPoint presentations to presents the analysis of global financial issues to team members
- Provided support for numerous duties including collating reports, filling information, organizing data.
- Executed stock market research and analysis and designed the world's currency chart on a daily issues
- Refined operational controls in the management report processed.
- Assumed responsibility for resolving outstanding balance sheet items, including payroll-related accounts, suspense & accrual, and purchase reports on long outstanding orders: established more effective internal controls.
- Introduced and instated regular bi-monthly meeting to address problem area review current project and posed made on old project
at this job