Materials Manager / ERP Manager
Led team to implement the company's first ERP system in a record 11 months (according to the software vendor).
- Reduced costs and scrap and performed necessary production and equipment troubleshooting.
- Worked with R&D to optimize manufacturing processes and provided technical support to manufacturing, sales, Quality Assurance and customers concerning materials and processes.
- Redesigned all production forms resulting in more data capture and less data entry errors.
- Assisted in the creation of new production standards that resulted in higher productivity.
- Helped update the Company's safety and training program that reduced accidents and time lost to injury.
at this job
Managed team of 3 in the delivery of ERP upgrades and process improvement solutions.
- Managed $470k budget.
- Automated processes throughout company and lead audits.
- Proposed and implemented business intelligence initiative that allowed for increased productivity assessment and reporting.
- Lead the ERP upgrade effort and addressed issues such as capacity planning, Unix environment setup and copy of product line to upgraded system.
- Introduced process improvements and standardized accounting practices. Eliminated 70% of custom code and advised on alternatives Lawson solutions.
- Installed custom changes in the Lawson's product lines and provided user training to the new Lawson release.
- Designed and implemented Oracle stored procedures, packages, and triggers.
- Integrated Lawson's Data dictionary with Oracle's object definitions.
at this job
Worked with larger bedding manufacturers to establish EDI trading practices and trained staff on usage of web portals. Developed standards to use the GXS portal for creating standard EDI documents with national bedding retailer.
- Led the in-house ERP software implementation initiatives that resulted in 50% cost savings in 2010
- Provided technical support to all areas of the business in relation to master data management and ad-hoc reporting on sales and financial data
- Implemented and configured an ERP software package to support all aspects of supply chain management from order entry through distribution.
- Examined raw material usage data to determine the appropriate ordering level based on sales forecasts for the coming quarter.
- Analyzed sales dollars and production data to create an actual costing data warehouse on an item by item basis. Used the costing model to provide cost margin analysis reports to the board of directors. Created detailed financial reports for Balance Sheets and Income Statements using Tableau Software
- Designed a new domestic and international cost margin analysis model that became the standard reporting methodology for Sales and Finance division and management team.
- Participated in several Kaizen events to create lean practices and documented processes that resulted in improved inventory control and shipping processes and procedures.
at this job
Successfully managed SAP implementation and development of an ERP team to align with company objectives
- Effectively implemented SAP as Project manager in 20 weeks for FICO, SD, MM, PP and QM on time in a fast growing dynamic company without interrupting the business
- Implemented and managed continuous improvement projects with limited resources including expansion to Europe and SAP/FedEx Interface
- Developed reporting strategy together with creative low reporting solutions
- Managed; offsite BASIS team, Security, ABAP and SAP Application resources
- Developed fail over procedures with Technical Team
at this job
Materials Manager / Business Process Manager / ERP Manager
Proficiently directed 22 personnel throughout receiving, purchasing, planning, forecasting, cycle count, and ERP functional areas.
- Project-managed re-implementation of Telesis ERP system and deployment of new Epicor Vantage system.
- Generated documentation for management via Crystal Reports, and maintained CrystalReports.com company account.
- Collaboratively devised, implemented and enforced operational policies and procedures.
- Resourcefully created and introduced statistical forecasting tools for finished stoves, accessories and replacement parts.
- Drastically elevated operational efficiency and inventory accuracy throughout multiple warehouses by implementing bin control systems and wireless scanners.
- Streamlined company-wide information flow by retraining employees in each department on ERP system.
- Assembled "core team" comprised of key representatives from each department to meet weekly and as needed for strategic planning and problem solving.
- Improved productivity by restructuring the Materials department into "cells" which focused on specific areas (Planning, Purchasing, Inventory, Cycle Counting, and Item Master Information).
at this job
ERP Manager and BI Developer
Implemented and managed Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) ERP system and peripherals. Total responsibility for GP and key peripherals since date of hire.
- Improved financial and inventory reporting efficiency and content. Developed Share-Point/SSRS reporting dashboard, supported by a data warehouse, for Finance and Operations. Delivered virtual real-time reporting to leadership team and mid-level management.
- Enhanced complex vendor rebate tracking. Designed and implemented vendor rebate accounting systems that accounted for approximately $20MM annually in cost-of-sales concessions from vendors.
- Reduced from 3 months to 2 weeks the computer conversion/upgrade cycle for ERP system and peripheral databases. Performed solution delivery, needs assessment, problem resolution and solutions implementation. Managed project personnel, building and directing cohesive teams in the production of quality solutions.
- Integrated Agile 2006 PLM inventory management software with Microsoft Dynamics GP to provide more control over product management and enabling the organization to manage product profitability throughout product life-cycle.
- Reduced Inventory by $1MM by streamlining serialized tracking of inventory sales which allowed the company to account for warranty contract revenues.
- Reduced downtime and overtime by 60% by developing and deploying bar-code physical inventory and cycle-count processes that improved inventory accuracy and real-time reporting.
- Initiated several important product improvements to Microsoft GP that resulted in Microsoft hot-fixes and improvements to future releases of the Dynamics GP ERP package.
at this job
IT Manager and ERP Manager
Directly managed a group of technologists responsible for ERP Administration, Application Development, Telephone Systems, EDI and Demand Planning, Network Infrastructure and Security. Managed budgets in excess of $250,000 for 3 sites for all infrastructure purchases, ERP support, business telephones, cell phones, copiers, electronics barcode scanners and supplies.
- Implemented Faspac MRP\ERP under difficult time and resource constraints while completing the project on time and under budget without any loss of production or shipping.
- Trained schedulers, materials manager and inventory manager on MRP processes and operations resulting in increased accuracy in scheduling and inventory while decreasing short ships.
- Oversaw IT Operations at a startup sister distribution company including the management of infrastructure installation, ERP implementation and initial management of the IT Department.
- Migrated an aging Faspac RS6000 to a high ability RS6000 Cluster to insure 100% uptime.
at this job
Supply Chain/logistics/erp Manager
- Managed overall Supply Chain activities from new product introduction to high volume manufacturing
- Collaborated in establishing business processes to support NPI and volume production while improving communications between engineering, finance, sales and manufacturing operations
- Key team member in ERP implementation (Oracle) from inception to successful Go Live with focus on Sales, Product Purchasing, Planning, Inventory Control and Delivery requirements
- Regularly compiled and presented to executive management build plan requirements, sell thru detail, and backlog as well as current key issues along with strategic recommendations with respect to such issues
- Established strong collaborative relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers
at this job
Daily oversight of SAP and JDE systems. Project managed international implementation of JDE upgrade project from inception. Led cross functional team of internal and external resources to maintain SAP systems. Interfaced with all levels of organization on a regular basis to report status of all systems.
- Worked with internal CAPEX committee on a weekly basis to determine best fit implementation partner for JDE upgrade and implementation
- Led teams of three international locations to determine global model for JDE upgrade and implementation. Normalized business processes and master data elements based on best practices in order to provide division based metrics for leadership.
- Currently working with contractors and internal support team to upgrade aging EDI system. Solution will be used to replace SAP interfaces and create EDI transactions for JDE.
- Supervisor of 4 person internal SAP support team. Worked with team to create and accomplish goals on a quarterly basis.
- Managed development team to design interface between complex manufacturing system and JDE.
- Management of $1.5 million JDE upgrade project by regularly scheduled updates with CEO, CFO, Directors and lower levels of management.
- Collaborated with internal and external resources to develop and showcase Microsoft sharepoint solutions for data management/storage and customized workflow solutions.
at this job
ERP Manager and Database Administrator
Managed all aspects of cross-functional ERP system implementation team (scope, budget, etc)
- Managed all aspects of maintenance and support and ongoing implementation of ERP system
- Delivered training to staff on SQL querying, ERP and database concepts, and data quality
- Developed and executed scripts on database servers as necessary to improve data quality/integrity
- Monitored Pervasive SQL Server, MS SQL Server, and mySQL/PostgreSQL database environments
- Administered all aspects of 10 MS SQL Servers, several MySQL servers, 1 Pervasive server, and a PostgreSQL server including routine maintenance, upgrades, optimization, query development, etc.
- Wrote and optimized sprocs, triggers, cursors (on occasion) using T-SQL or Pervasive SQL
- Developed reports using Crystal Reports XI, and make them available within ERP System
- Managed full upgrade process for ERP system, including UAT and rollout across the company
at this job