- Provided case management and support services to an assigned caseload
- Assisted clients with employment barrier(s) reduction, job readiness training, job development and placement supports in collaboration with Job Developers, and assisted the implementation of policies and procedures and contract outcomes.
- Performed employment barrier assessment and development of individualized service plans.
- Monitored client's progression on goal implementation and maintained client documentation in accordance with policies and procedures of the State of Department of Human Services.
- Assisted new staff with questions and training.
at this job
- Completed case notes using the HMIS and CATCH (Citrix) Database
- Provided employment, counseling, and case management services to homeless women and men
- Developed a Peer Retention program for current clients to serve as a support system for employment retention, maintenance, and progression.
- Assisted clients in increasing their skills by recruiting for, developing, and executing on-site training opportunities and by connecting clients to off-site training opportunities.
- Conducted individual employability assessments and provided feedback according to results
- Attended meetings concerning employment related issues and be active in any necessary employment initiatives
- Collect and analyze data, providing reports and statistical information
- Compile and maintain all necessary documentation and reports to track employment activities, specifically in relationship to training, hiring and retention
at this job
Homeless Outreach Employment Counselor ABAWD Specialist
- Entrusted to build a new developing program in a new facility.
- Maintain an above average caseload consistently achieving and excelling team benchmarks for placements and services.
- Ability to discern through medical and other records job seekers ability to complete work.
- Recruitment for specific employers and positions.
- Talented in building report with diverse jobseekers and co-workers promoting team approach to each jobseeker promoting an increase in placements.
at this job
- Manage caseload of MFIP participants; maintain current and individualized employment plans
- Interview and assess client needs in developing achievable goals, plans and objectives for change
- Prepare monthly reporting on caseload to track participant's Work Participation Rates, per TANF requirements
- Provide resources and referrals to community programs, hiring events, and educational opportunities
- Develop training materials and orient new team members
at this job
- Perform assessments to develop and maintain individualized service plans for vocational training and rehabilitation services
- Provide vocational rehabilitation assistance such as resume and cover letter preparation, job search and application strategies, interview preparation and techniques, and social skills
- Counsel clients regarding personal, social, and behavioral obstacles affecting education or vocational situations
- Provide educational guidance in financial aid, and assess interests and aptitudes to develop class schedule meeting curriculum guidelines
- Promote services available at the agency by giving presentations expos, and representing the agency at job fairs
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with local employment networks to create internships and employment opportunities for clients
- Document counselor-client communications and appointments, and transcribe progress notes
- Generate monthly progress reports and annual summary for Dept. of Rehabilitation and Dept. of Mental Health