Led and developed accounts throughout Northern IL and North Western Indiana that generated over $95 million in annual sales. Responsible for developing and managing relationships; provided fact-based category management solutions to 22 wholesale accounts, 17 chain store headquarters, and over 2,500 retail accounts. Forecasted and managed operational and promotion budgets within +/- 0.5% on a yearly basis. Hired, developed, and maintained a talented team of eight full-time sales representatives and ten part-time sales representatives. Primary point of contact and spokesperson for all trade and government relations issues within the division. Developed presentations utilizing category management tools to provide customers with account specific recommendations based on trading area sales trends. Worked closely with Regional management to provide quarterly forecasts based on current sales trends and marketplace activity.
- Increased sales volume by 11% in 2009.
- Strategically utilized $700k marketing and operational budget.
- Successfully introduced and launched over 25 new products.
- Worked collaboratively with government relations and customers on tax issues involving the States of Illinois and Indiana.
- Leader of various project teams and focus groups: field sales automation system and trade point of sale.
- Selected to represent the Region at Corporate Round Table discussions with CEO and President.
- Mentor and trainer to newly promoted Division Managers within the Department.
at this job