Lead a team of 17 officers and civilians and leverage contract support in developing Department of Defense compliant scenarios for use in analysis, capability development, and experimentation. Responsible for annual TRADOC scenario program articulating priorities in studies and analysis at all 8 TRADOC Centers of Excellence. Lead selected studies to provide credible and relevant analysis of equipment, system, concepts, and force performance.
- Key member of team awarded the U.S. Army Wilbur Payne Memorial Award for Excellence in Analysis
- Developed over 25 vignettes and a 12-year demand signal that underpinned analysis and recommendations supporting a multi-year, multi-billion-dollar Army Intelligence and Surveillance-systems investment strategy
- Led development of 2 major scenarios to support emerging capabilities development requirements
at this job
Director of Operations / Deputy Director (battalion Executive Officer)
- Managed 95 cyber security professionals and ensured 100% 8570 compliance; second in command of signal battalion
- Spearheaded project management of life cycle upgrades to two multi-million dollar tactical network systems
- Maximized the mission readiness of a flagship system; efforts directly resulted in system being best prepared globally
- Managed all aspects of maintenance and logistics for operations spanning multiple continents and maritime platforms
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and adaptability in procuring advanced tactical equipment for squadron operations
- Recognized for abilities beyond experience level; hand selected to step up into senior role as a junior Captain
at this job
Sr Program Manager / Deputy Director
Directed program management for U.S. Fleet Forces Command (USFFC) and Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) sponsored programs in support of Naval operating forces worldwide. Led medical and dental materiel allowance management, equipment Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), initial outfitting and procurement for active Naval ships, new construction, and ships undergoing complex overhaul.
- Directed $10 million annual support to Navy Program Executive Offices (PEO) in technical specification development, provisioning, procurement and outfitting of medical equipment to new construction Navy ships.
- Managed a $15 million multi-year Navy modernization project to replace aged medical X-Ray systems across 30 afloat platforms. Revitalized project discipline and accountability which improved installation team integration and overall cost & schedule management.
- Led planning and execution of $25 million annual BUMED Medical Support Equipment (MSE) and Fleet Shipboard Equipment Replacement (SERP) Programs. Established workflow efficiencies to improve warfighter and patient support, and increased the scope of new technologies across the Navy medical enterprise.
- Directed In-service Engineering Agent (ISEA) and Technical Support Activity (TSA) functions for Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and lifecycle management issues affecting medical and dental equipment fielding.
at this job
- Coordinated community based summer internship project for students at local high school, supervising student, staff, and other support staff
- Upgraded, installed, and configured routers, servers, and printers to improve technological efficiency
- Led and motivated staff and other volunteers to publish community newsletter
- Analyzed and reviewed expenditures of funds for grant and contracts to ensure compliance.
- Researched best practices, policies, and procedures of other non-profit organizations. Developed an accounting and policy and procedures manual for adoption.
- Managed day to day operations, managing 30+ volunteers, office staff, and outside numerous vendors
at this job
Developed overall plans for effective day-to-day program operations and is responsible for overseeing the technical operations.
- Managed communication, relationships and all interactions with staff officials across the country.
- Planned, designed, and coordinated initiatives, programs, projects, studies, or other work related to daily operations.
- Organized online webinars for mayors, stakeholders, commissioners, etc. on USDA hot topics such as climate change, trade, etc.
- Assigned work to subordinates, set and adjusts short-term as well as long-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Interviewed potential hiring candidates for positions within the office.
- Counseled other members of the Secretary of Agriculture's top staff in the interest of maintaining a balanced, interrelated approach to the attainment of the goals of the Department.
- Oversaw the development and implementation of a newsletter which is distributed to state and local officials across the U.S. for the purpose of highlighting, expanding, and promoting USDA's projects and programs.
- Communicated with high level officials, both within and outside of the government, Congressional and legislative personnel, White House officials, and public and private industry groups on the formulation of policy and programs relating to the Department's mission.
at this job
Deputy Director of Data and Analytics
- Served as statewide Database Manager for North and South Carolina and created guides on how to use VoteBuilder.
- Monitored out of state volunteers by calculating weekly contact numbers for five different expansion state programs.
- Determined where to send out of state capacity by analyzing regional support scores, contact numbers, and early vote turnout.
- Assisted in managing three Data Associates by teaching them skills, assigning projects, and overseeing their work.
- Tracked and reported on contact and scheduling rates for over 200 organizers throughout North Carolina.
- Deployed to Charlotte, NC to oversee regional voter contact operation and ensure data standards were followed.
at this job
Deputy Director, Supply Management Center
Led development of the operational level logistics sustainment plan for 20,000 Marine Corps personnel deployed to
Afghanistan that was utilized for 5 years of combat operations and ensured over a 95% equipment readiness/availability.
- Hand selected to lead the final retrograde of 5,000 pieces of Marine Corps equipment and 10,000 short tons of supplies out of Kuwait saving in excess of $500M.
- Coordinated with multiple agencies across the Marine Corps to develop and execute the final provision of all ground
- Led the development and execution of an equipment fulfillment plan that increased Marine Corps equipment readiness by reducing equipment backorders by 50%, secondary item backorders by 40%, and customer wait time by 20%.
at this job
Deputy Director, Internal Oversight and Performance Assurance
Senior financial executive in team that established startup office to ensure the efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity of PCAOB programs and operations. Directed audit teams, wrote and reviewed audit reports, briefed management, PCAOB board members, and Securities and Exchange Commission staff on audit results.
- Planned and directed internal control and operational reviews of PCAOB programs established by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Management acted on these reviews and related recommendations to significantly enhanced internal controls at the PCAOB.
- Planned and directed reviews of PCAOB's functional areas, including information technology, finance, and human resources, and facilities. These reviews and related recommendations resulted in process improvements and efficiencies as well as documented cost-savings.
- Developed quality assurance structure and practices consistent with Government Auditing Standards. Independent reviewers have annually determined the quality assurance system meets all relevant standards and is operating as intended.
- Developed audit reports with recommendations to management and on which the Securities and Exchange Commission has relied extensively in carrying out its own oversight responsibilities for the PCAOB.
- Investigated and reported on inquiries involving employee complaints and misconduct.
at this job
Deputy Director, School of Cybersecurity
- Designed and developed education content for the School of Cybersecurity, adhered to national and international certification and security requirements.
- Streamlined training delivery through development of a remote training program, increasing efficiency and significantly decreasing cost.
- Ensured accurate and timely reporting of training and certification exam results to private-sector security personnel and the Department of Defense.
- Acting as Project Manager, collaborated with subject matter experts and key stakeholders to establish and validate training content while meeting aggressive and ongoing project budget requirements and milestones.
- Reorganized and rewrote department policies and procedures, tailoring to changing organizational and customer needs.
- Subject matter expert for training material development.
at this job
Deputy Director of Analysis and Blockchain Technologist, Novetta
Considered one of the highest valued consultants for Bitcoin and blockchain technology by the US Government.
- Routinely provide guidance to policy makers on technical and legal challenges presented by cutting edge peer-to-peer technologies such as Bitcoin.
- Spearheading blockchain development efforts within Novetta to include: private and government sector consultation programs, blockchain application development, and training efforts.
- Protocol analysis utilizing tools such as Wireshark and assisted Python scripting.
- Cryptocurrency analysis, which has been used in numerous presentations and is leveraged to promote understanding across the greater US Government (FBI, CIA, NSA, Secret Service, Federal Reserve).
- Technology analysis, at times focusing on nebulous concepts, which must be processed and clarified for consumption by layman clients.
- Featured on thecyberwire.com for presentation to general public regarding blockchain technologies.
- Draw from personal experience working with cryptocurrencies and mining to provide rich anecdotal consultation.
at this job