Sr Software Developer / Database Designer
- Translated Scholarship Grant business needs into database and website to service 3000 students and 800 schools using MSSQL and ASP.NET 4.0 / C# / DNN(DotNetNuke)
- Created online scholarship renewal/essay submission form replacing a paper-based process used by 500+ students every year to renew and accept scholarships
- Consolidated access databases into one SQL Server database
at this job
- Primary Database Developer for one of the company's largest health care client's. Responsible for translating highly complex business rules into intelligent database driven decision making for highly customizable mail products.
- Designed and created several automated processes to maintain private insurance and Medicaid programs.
- Designed and created a dashboard consolidating information from 3 independent systems into one cohesive monitor.
- Trained junior analysts/developers and support personnel in processing several thousand customized member mailings through ODS proprietary enterprise system.
- Designed and created an automated monitoring system to assist the production support group with maintaining the integrity and production of ODS proprietary enterprise system.
- Tools used: SQL Server 2008-2016, SSIS, SSRS and MS Excel
at this job
Lead Database Designer/architect
- As lead database designer and architect, my responsibilities are to design data models for upcoming projects as well as enhance existing data models for new requirements. I also designed the solution in Oracle 11g and 12c to support dynamic content storage and retrieval for various consumers within TR. This system is highly active and contains high volumes and needed to respond in a timely fashion. Advanced partitioning techniques were employed to segregate consumer data and provision summarized data in sub-seconds. The nature of this system is such that many groups within TR will be relieved of creating ELT or ETL type of operations and use our solution which eliminates rework and improves productivity. The SOA provisioned by Java services supported by this database will help groups within TR to register to our services and start storing, manipulating, and querying their data in as little as couple of hours. Above all the consumer groups are empowered to add any additional attributes they choose to store dynamically without requiring any downtime. We have implemented an application level object model that handles such complexities while delegating the actionable items to the database.
- I advised numerous teams within TR in optimal database development and helped them get through their troubled spots by integrating into their agile process and providing advisories for improving their application performance.
- I participated in a lead capacity in a devops group to provide my expertise in identifying critical aspects of an automated continuous code delivery using FLYWAY 3.2.1 on Oracle 11g, 12c and SQL Server 2014.
at this job