VP, Credit Officer at Commercial Banking Group
- Completed [company name]'s comprehensive commercial credit training.
- Underwrite commercial credit requests from customers from various industries.
- Work with sales managers to structure credit requests and negotiate terms and conditions to meet customers' financing needs while sufficiently minimizing credit risks.
- Work with internal team and external attorneys to ensure proper loan documentation and closing.
- Monitor credit facilities, including covenants, borrowing bases and reporting requirements.
at this job
Vice President - Credit Officer - Commercial Credit
Analyze financial statements/tax returns for the extension of credits to new clients, increase exposure to existing customers and manage a $110.0 million loan portfolio which consists of revolving lines of credit, term loans and commercial mortgages to businesses and non-profit entities. Revenues for the borrowing entities range from $1.0 million to $30.0 million and facilities/loans range from $500,000 to $10.0 million. The management of the portfolio includes annual reviews for existing clients with committed/uncommitted lines of credit and owner occupied commercial mortgages.
- Prepare detail financial analysis of businesses with emphasis on operating trends and ratio analysis in determining the nature of financial condition. The analysis of financial statements and or tax returns for business entities are for the for the purpose of annual reviews of committed revolving lines of credit facilities or uncommitted demand facilities based primarily on the strength of the balance sheet, term and commercial real estate loans based on analysis of projections and traditional business and global cash flow to determine repayment ability.
- Monitor existing borrowers for tracking compliance with financial covenants as outlined in the Loan Agreement and bank credit policy.
- Building an understanding of bank products and services in order to recommend and provide the right product to our clients.
- Analyze corporate and personal financial statements as well as individual and corporate tax returns to assess the financial strength of corporate and personal guarantors.
- Meet with existing and prospective borrowers along with the Relationship Manager prior to underwriting of business and commercial real estate loan requests.
- Provide information at Bank's criticized/classified credit meetings.
- Familiarize myself with bank's credit policies, practices and regulatory policies to assist the team in achieving compliance with the aforementioned with the goal of having satisfactory ratings both from internal and external auditors' as well regulatory agencies.
- Continually providing input on ways to streamline processes and procedures in order to save time and costs.
- Monitor Early Warning reports as a means of early problem recognition.
at this job
Credit Officer II - Vice President
Commercial Loan Underwriter for commercial investment real estate group with $1 million Individual Lending Authority. Underwrite commercial loans investment real estate deals with loan exposure up to $3 million, to assess risk, set structure, pricing & negotiate new and renewal credit facilities for Business Banking, Commercial and Industrial Banking, and Wealth clients while adhering the Bank's credit policies to ensure sound credit quality. Coordinate team efforts, from underwriting to documentation/closing to ensure a smooth process for the customer.
- Effectively partner with sales leadership to achieve segment related production and profitability goals while managing risk parameters. Able to underwrite risk while recognizing the need for a balance of loan and deposit/fee growth, profitability and customer retentions while gaining line support for credit quality goals.
- Mentor less experienced Credit Officers and Underwriters to answer questions and do second level review of their underwriting analysis for accuracy and adherence to Credit Policy.
- Top producing underwriter in terms of number of loans underwritten and overall dollar volume while still maintaining loan quality.
at this job