Managed and improved Sponsored Research Office database for scientific program managers,
administrators, support divisions and Dept. of Energy employees enabling site-wide access to data in real
time. Determined and implemented applicable modifications as needed. Instituted electronic filing of all
- Created over 50 periodic and ad-hoc reports annually including Homeland and National Security reports.
- Increased lab revenue through efficient contracting and improved servicing of research activities. Enhanced the interactions with the laboratory for our customers (universities, federal agencies, and private
- Coordinated 20% of Argonne's operating budget through sponsored research contracts. Reviewed 150+
- Verified over $31,000,000 in financial instruments were in compliance with government and Argonne
- Provided administrative and budget support for variety of work agreements while consistently meeting
Reviewed terms and conditions of various conferencing contracts and applied conferencing contractual domestic rates through various internal billing systems for 50+ agreements per month averaging $25M in revenue.
- Processed and applied international conferencing contracts through internal billing system and set up rates for 20+ contracts per month.
- Created spreadsheets for month-end accrual detailing revenue over $5K.
- Implemented calling card charges for specific customers.
- Audited customer invoices on a daily basis before processing.
- Developed templates for set-up of special pricing and promotional rate plans for conferencing saving 15-20 hours per month on installation of conferencing rates.
- Provided support and assistance for Sales in the researching and resolution of contractual customer billing inquiries preventing $1M in lost revenue.
- Reviewed trouble tickets with conferencing errors and applied corrections as needed.
Contract Specialist, Ft Eustis/construction
Skills attained: Extensive knowledge of contract regulations, source selection procedures, and complex contract administration.
- Managed over 60 construction, service, utilities and commodity contracts valued in excess of $191M. Reduced acquisition time by 50% with increased savings of 30% through effective communication, planning, and contract negotiation.
- Administered a $250M construction contract and ensured compliance with vital completion targets.
- Oversaw a $95M infrastructure support contract, key to the renovation of facilities and recovery efforts for Hurricane Sandy.
- Successfully negotiated contracts in terms of quality, price, and performance to ensure receipt of the best value.
- Used independent judgment to coordinate work assignments, evaluate performance, and train fellow team members.
- Established and assured adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Drafted unique, purchase specific, request for proposals (RFP), request for quotes (RFQ), invitation for bids (IFB), and request for information (RFI) for each requirement.
- Utilized seal bidding procedures, conducted public big openings, and reviewed and determined responsiveness and responsibility of low bidder in accordance with applicable requirements and regulations.
at this job
DTA, Contract Specialist, Deployment Systems & Support
Supported Deployment Equipment Sustainment team with planning and solicitation preparation, negotiation and evaluation, award and post-award administration of contracts
- Oversaw procurement planning for sole source and competitive buys including spare part buys for repair/tool kits, wiring harnesses, differentials, air cylinders, electrical lead assemblies, radiators, wheel spindles, engine starters, cable assemblies
- Supported award and administration of Buffalo Mine Clearance/Protected Vehicle production contracts including payment, delivery and contractual changes
- Procured over $2 million worth of parts/supplies while assisting with solicitation of multi-million dollar procurement systems
- Served as Source Selection board member for Supplemental Acquisition Program which solicited for Secret Procurements
- Solicited, evaluated and modified contract for development of bar armor kit to provide enhanced protection to the RG-31 Medium Mine Protected Vehicle
- Trained and mentored two intern buying specialists
Global Operations Channels and Alliances Business Analyst / Contract Specialist
Involved in a 12-36 month project to convert and / or terminate partners to a brand new program with new
terms and agreements
- Co-designer of an end-to-end process for identifying the partners specific status involving multiple
- Quantified, worked thru and edited 3000+term sheets for accuracy and completeness
- Prepared, reviewed, finalized and processed 600+ new partner IPN Agreements and over 1300 partner term
- Kept current and published correspondence, addendums and agreements of the Infor Partner Network
- Maintained and published various reporting databases used to track channel partner contract information and status of over 50 variables (to include levels, market size, product lines, support components, and commission rates)
- Programs utilized in this endeavor Adobe Acrobat X Pro, Adobe Publisher, MS Office Suite, Salesforce and
Contract Specialist/contract Administrator
- Negotiated emergency 162,000 bottled water purchase in less than three hours
- Executed hundreds of commodity and service contract actions
- Administered 16 task orders worth $9.4M simultaneously, doubling the average workload
- Managed $3.2M lodging renovation and $1.5M hangar repair construction contracts
- Evaluated $100k+ medical equipment contract, saving 31% from government estimate
- Collaborated with coworkers to streamline contracting methods to promote higher efficiency
- Negotiated contract savings in excess of $1 million in 2011 and averaged $500,000+ each year after
- Managed warehouse inventory and expenses, including allocation, data analysis and annual forecasts
- Developed SOW requirements, prepared solicitation packages and conducted cost and technical analysis of bids
- Enforced effectiveness measures to ensure projects stay within scope and budget
- Awarded Certificate of Appointment to authorize contracts up to $125,000
Developed and wrote contract specifications, request for proposals, and invitation for bids
- Wrote and implemented contract language in accordance with State legal policies and procedures
- Monitored existing contracts, renewed contracts, renegotiated expiring contracts, wrote amendments to bring contracts in compliance with state policies, and termination of unused contracts
- Approved or denied requests for services outside the terms of the contact and wrote amendments to cover additional services
- Served as point of contact for vendor relationships, addressing any discrepancies and answering any questions or concerns
- Created and sourced purchase orders
at this job
Performed timely contract drafting, reviewing and implementation of many types of contracts to achieve planned results.
- Identified needs and drafted profitable healthcare and general business contracts including fee for service, capitation
- Negotiated pricing, terms, supplies, equipment and provisions favorable to maintain profitability.
- Increased reimbursement with skilled negotiations to increase rates of provided services.
- Proactively maintained required contract documentation and credentialing to comply with terms and regulations.
- Protected company contractually by interpreting language and countered with more favorable terms and conditions.
- Reviewed and negotiated contracts with Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Aetna, United Healthcare and many other
at this job
Responsible for cradle to grave contracts administration, utilizing FAR and other supplements,
directives and government manuals
- Performed post-award contracting activities; development of solicitation packages, pricing memoranda
- Prepared contract modifications, assistance in relation to delivery task orders for Contracting Officers
- Prepared and submitted solicitation for prospective vendors to provide quotes
- Monitored and ensured goods were delivered on time, and in the event of problems traced shipments and follow up undelivered goods
- Evaluated and monitored contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product
- Assist program offices in conducting market research; justification and approval documentation, and other procurement documents