Wrote scopes of work, prepared government cost estimates, and conducted negotiations with contractors to deliver over $2 million in contractor land use and planning studies while independently performing land use planning analyses on a multidisciplinary team that created master plans, business case analyses, transportation plans, and capital improvement programs.
- Spearheaded an in-house planning study using surveys and intergovernmental coordination to bring Capital Bikeshare access to an 18,000-employee military installation
- Advocated successfully to senior military leadership to open waterfront pedestrian access to the public to improve community connectivity and enhance employee transportation options
- Inventoried and evaluated land use constraints, including cultural and natural resources and ammunition storage areas, ensuring the safety and proper siting of facilities
at this job
- Track products of the Planning process: (Statewide) Transportation Improvement Pro- grams, Unified Planning Work Programs, Long Range Transportation Plans
- Provide guidance to states and other grantees relative to the preparation of application submission materials and ensure that FTA review comments and concerns are addressed
- Serve as liaison to Regional FTA offices to provide guidance, oversight, and expertise in the administration of the planning process, including certification reviews of MPOs
- Co-lead Quarterly Planning Webinar, delivered FTA-wide, including senior management
- Review applications, plan and develop workshops and peer exchanges jointly with FHWA
at this job
Hazard Mitigation Community Planner / Insurance Specialist (reservist)
- Proficient on Federal Regulations associated with the Flood Insurance Program, accurately addressed questions from Policyholder, Insurance Agents, and General Callers.
- Skilled in NFIP Flood Insurance Manual, regulations, underwriting, ratings, mapping, surcharges, premiums, elevation certificates, cancellations procedures and requirements.
- Skilled in the coverage provisions, limitations, and interpretation of the NFIP Policy Forms.
- Assisted uninsured callers with information on local NFIP Certified agents and advised on methods to lower policies premiums (higher deductibles, crawlspace venting, elevation certificates, others).
- Aided policyholders and general public on the proper procedures to request Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) by developing National Flood Hazard Layer Maps, Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMettes) and
- Guidance on Increased Cost of Compliance (ICC) requirements, mitigation methods, options and procedures to file claims and prevent future losses on properties located in SFHA.
at this job