Commercial Director - Producer Services Business
Responsible for commercial and technical management of the contract manufacturing business providing additive masterbatch and compounding services to the North American polyolefin producers.
- Key Account Manager, directly responsible for $40M annual revenue.
- Provided day to day technical/engineering support to operations including complaint resolution, contract negotiation and compliance, quality control, and management of change.
- Product Line Profitability Management and Pricing Authority for all customers, improving gross margin per pound each year for all product gradelines.
- Managed Customer Service operations, serving both Producer and Converter segments.
- Served as interim General Manager (2013-2105) with P & L and operations responsibility for Bayshore Industrial LP, a division of [company name]., $100M annual revenue, compounding facility including 7 compounding lines and over 120 employees.
at this job
Converted a Chilean artisan nuts & fruits line into an industrial operation dominating the Puerto Rico healthy snacks market in 18 months with 65% market share and high impact distribution in stores accounting for 80% of the market all commodity volume.
- Led the full development of retail single-serve flex-bags, canisters and fundraising lines for a Chilean operation previously focused only on farming nuts for bulk distribution.
- Developed marketing, merchandising, distribution and back-office systems to facilitate the agile penetration of alternative channels and gain distribution dominance in 12 months. Designed manufacturing set-ups and quality systems to cook, season and pack 40 sku’s complying with local & US Federal Regulations.
- Recruited to join [company name] for a two years start-up contract in exchange for 25% ownership of the company.
at this job
COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR - Beverage Division
Full commercial P&L responsibility of the Beverage Division at the leading distribution company in Puerto Rico of premium & luxury beverage brands; Heineken, Johnnie Walker, Grey Goose, Stolichnaya, San Pellegrino, Aqua Pann, Seguras Viuda and Veuve Clicquot amongst other market leading brands.
- Responsible for delivering sales growth over a $140MM multi-category business in a multi-channel environment, securing a profitable and efficient business execution by leading, inspiring & maximizing the potential of over +100 professionals across four multi-functional teams responsible for Commercial & Customer Planning, Key Accounts Management, Field Sales, Customer Service.
- Led the initiation and implementation of an organizational transformation of the commercial department, focusing on three pillars; structure, people & processes.
- Led route-to-market restructure resulting in improved portfolio mix penetration & distribution, improved sales & shopper programs execution and effectiveness by the creation of Channel Focus Business Units.
- Transformed the compensation model across all sales business units, in line to support commercial strategy and portfolio distribution and development.
- Implemented personnel evaluation approach that guaranteed output & execution KPIs are part of the compensation system focused on sales coverage, categories distribution, visit effectiveness & collections effectiveness.
- Lead the development and implementation of a digital tool that provides instant reference of commercial execution guidelines at point of sale & simultaneously measure compliance of execution against plans.
- Delivered a +15% trend turn around, from -11% to +4% growth in NSV and +5.2% in bottom line contribution after business 8 yr.
at this job
Responsible for drafting and leading negotiation of major EPC Contracts in the power and oil and gas sectors for a leading international EPC Contractor, with contract values up to $6 billion
- Volume of EPC Contracts signed by company quadrupled during first year in the position; "win rate" on bids increased dramatically
- Supervised staff of contract administrators responsible for dealing with all company's major contracts
- Combined role as legal counselor and draftsman with that of business advisor in overall risk management role
- Responsible for other major contracts in connection with EPC Projects, including major purchase agreements with key plant equipment suppliers, joint venture and consortium agreements with partners, license agreements, etc.
- Interface with all corporate groups including engineer, operations, estimating, tax, finance, insurance, human resources, safety and environmental
at this job
Market Research and Commercial Director
- Identified key commercial revenue activities existing in the land and air side of the terminal and prepared concession solicitations for appraisal and award
- Tendered outsourcing market opportunities, negotiated and prepared contract agreement based on technical evaluation
- Followed-up with concessioners to ensure compliance with lease agreement and contractual terms and conditions
- Assigned work to each employee and evaluated employee performance; reviewed program quality on a periodic basis and took corrective actions, when necessary
- Participated in international airport shows and marketing field trips to 12 regional airports of the enterprise; developed presentations on the improvement of customer satisfaction to the airport internal and external stakeholders
- Established marketing goals, objectives, budget requirements and performance assessment.
- Developed administration policies and procedures for commercial revenue resources
at this job
COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR - AMERICAS
- Oversee all business development and commercial activities for the Caribbean, North, Central, and South America
- Foster and maintain client relationships through business meetings with maritime clients and governmental bodies
- Conduct cost control, logistics, case settlement, contract negotiation, and financial reporting for intl. projects
- Create winning bids from RFPs, oversee pricing, tax research, legal qualifications, negotiations, and presentation
- Brought $50M in revenue, making Americas the highest grossing region of the entire company
- Lead a team of 5 to achieve 60% of companywide global target market share
at this job
- Commercial responsibility for 25 dry bulk and liquid terminals in the Eastern Region of the United States
- Responsible for directing all Marketing, Business Development and Contracting efforts
- Manage a team of 12 personnel - 8 Commercial Managers and 4 support staff
- Implement strategy for market growth and increase revenue
- Evaluate and allocate asset base for optimal economic performance
at this job