Served as Administrative Manager for a group of 250 non-exempt employees
- Also Supervised 20 claims processors as my direct reports.
- Managed Rental department that monitored 40% of all rentals for the company
- Have successfully managed, coached and developed team members to build a high-performance team
- Working cross-functionally with other business units to develop strategies and tactics that will achieve key business results
- Fostering an environment that encourages continuous growth, education and personal development.
- Worked various projects to support the claims office.
at this job
Regional Claims Manager
Oversaw 30 employees in 2 offices, 3,000 files, and $1B in reserves. Led strategic direction of claim settlements, continuous improvement processes, hiring, performance evaluations, budget management, and relations with multiple business partners. Conducted claim services issue resolution, surplus line program management, workers' compensation loss portfolio transfers, and guaranteed-cost reinsurance programs.
- Increased structured settlement results by 350% with new incentive programs.
- Achieved 40% growth in combined offices by implementing new strategies.
- Developed proactive communications protocol for office relations and underwriting on top 40 accounts.
- Coordinated performance improvements by revising core objectives.
- Supported new account marketing plans to procure multiple big name clients such as Auto Zone and Dr. Pepper/Snapple.
- Consistently accomplished all best practices and leakage goals.
at this job
Casualty Claims Manager
Leveraged 17+ years in high value sales, HR, client services, training, team management and lifecycle management of property, liability, injury and high-risk claims. Requested by upper management to undergo advanced training in administration of property insurance claims < 30 days of hire. Oversaw 8 Claims Associates (6 Inside Reps, 2 Property Field Claim Reps). Utilized academic and "real world" HR experience to recruit, interview, hire, mentor and continuously work with staff to improve knowledge and skill-set.
Developed off-boarding procedures within compliance to corporate, state and federal requirements. Worked with a diverse range of clients in garnering relevant data, verifying investigating and settling claims within established guidelines. Prepared supporting files to all incidents including photos, police reports, damage estimates, subsequent financial and legal findings. Led successful negotiations for adjustment of losses.
- Earned region and nationwide highest Customer Service Scores through leading a team-centered effort in boosting morale, productivity and retention.
- Appointed by the Associate Vice President to serve as United Way Chairperson.
- Selected for the Leadership Development Program out of 150+ applicants, earning a certificate for completion and working with C-Level Executives in gaining additional skills.
- Exceeded corporate goals of 1:1 monthly closure rate by 106% on average.
- Served as a Property Catastrophe Team Member for Hurricane Ike, supervising Property Representative and inspecting damages up to $250K.
- Ensured estimates were in line with damage and personnel stayed within designated budget.
at this job
Branch Claims Manager
Advanced through positions of increased responsibility to manage liability for commercial and personal lines, Workers' Compensation cases, and litigation issues for 2 states with ~800,000 PIF, as well as bad faith litigation for all coverage lines. Handled mediation and arbitration for litigated claims; provided trial authority and served as expert witness. Administered $6M annual litigation budget. Communicated regularly with state Departments of Insurance to coordinate regulatory issues. Led branch audits to ensure compliance and recommend improvements; served as liability and litigation SME for Branch Claims Managers. Designated company representative for audit of Oklahoma Insurance Guaranty Fund. As Branch Claims Manager, oversaw Auto and Commercial Liability, as well as Workers' Compensation for Oklahoma and litigated claims. Managed 36-member team and $3M budget.
- Successfully handled inventory of 50-60 bad faith allegations to settlement or trial.
- Led company response to 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Participated in training program to further expertise in advanced Commercial Liability; led liability training for all new hires at 9 locations.
- Contributed to development of new legal offices in Oklahoma, as well as assisting with hiring top-performing candidates.
- Established department objectives and programs consistently aligned with overall corporate goals; ensured staff performed at optimal levels and met benchmarks.
- Excelled in earlier roles as Branch Claims Supervisor and Field Claims Representative.
at this job
Accepted and reviewed property and auto damage claims from our clients, hh Gregg, General Electric, Home Depot, Room and Board, and Brandsmart
- Analyze claims to determine extent of company's liability, make approval or denial decisions and negotiate settlements with claimants
- Collaborate with insurance agents, attorneys and interviewed claimants
- Exceeded in keeping a yearly budget and saving the company over $200,000 a year
- Prepared and provided clients with spreadsheets of weekly updates
at this job
Global Claims Manager, Casualty Risk Manager
The first claims manager for merged corporation, expected to have over 1,000 WC claims totaling $12 million in loss costs. Accountable for workers compensation, “toxic tort” liability, product liability claims including medical products, general liability and class action suits. Served as the litigation manager for national and international claims. Analyze data identifying trends in claims and costs and delivered monthly reports to senior management.
- Reduced annual casualty losses by 52% or approximately $15.5 million
- Dropped lost time frequency rates by 26%
- Return to work program reduced lost time days/year 86%
- Designed and provided WC awareness training to 15 major sites in 12 months
- Consolidated claims administration and data from 8 insurance carriers
- Developed national claims management training program and webinars.
at this job
Corporate Claims Manager
Corporate Claims Manager for this multi million dollar light industrial staffing company with 1000 - 3000 employees assigned from 25 branch locations nationally.
Processed workers compensation documents and ensured employee received proper medical attention in accordance with California and twelve additional states workers compensation regulations. Worked with supervisors and injured workers to coordinate their return to work as directed by physician. Maintained the injured workers return to work policy and safety prize program. Maintained individual clients OSHA logs. Coordinated quarterly loss run meetings with the third party administrator (TPA) to review open claims. High deductible plan
Worked with clients; providing updates on injured workers, Certificate of Insurance, personal protective equipment, and much more. Worked with the sales team; researching potential clients to identify appropriate National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) code.
- Outstanding Achievement Award for workers’ compensation savings in excess of $1,000,000
- Handled workers comp claims in a variety of industries to include: warehouse, airline janitorial, recycling, manufacturing, logistics, refractory, clerical, Municipalities, nursing, pick & pack, assembly, bindery, etc...
- Implemented 24/7 Injury Management Program Nationally – reduced recordable claims in excess of 50%
- Trained and assisted office staff nationally with the handling of injured workers
at this job
Commercial Claims Manager - Workers' Compensation
Direct the Workers' Compensation Commercial Claims Office for Northern California
- Account Executive duties interfacing with High Volume Agencies & Multi-line Client's
- Direct the activities of 60 Claims Personnel in two Office locations
- Introduced Best Practice Quality Assurance Program that Significantly Increased Departmental Performance and helped Reduce the Combined Loss Ratio by 30+ points
- Stabilized Department Financials (reserves) and implemented an Employee Retention Program that reduced turnover to fewer than 10%. Responsible for Compliance with published Corporate Policies and Procedures.
at this job
Drafted claims strategy according to Zurich global practices
- Executed on plans and achieved targets within time and budget
- Modernized claims handling practices (CHP) to meet customer expectation
- Pioneered live auction on total loss cars
- Supported claim staff in Kuwait, Lebanon, and Oman
- Introduced market leading practice on litigated claims and reduced open cases over 400%
- Collaborated with regional team to develop Quality Assurance (QA) policy
at this job
Managed a cross-function department responsible for Medicare reimbursements, hospital and physician accounts receivable issues, large claims with billed charges greater than $35,000, and dental pre-authorizations. Created teamwork within the department, audited claims to resolve claim disputes, open line of communication, provided tools and resources, wrote and implemented policies and procedures, developed individual performance improvement plans, managed within a budget, utilized management reports to achieve target objectives, hired and terminated employees.
- Implemented plan to reduce Medicare reimbursements to a 20 day inventory.
- Designed criteria for hospital claims to be eligible for clinical oversight and review resulting in a 10% net savings.
- Created process and database to track and report open accounts receivable issues
- Utilized customer service skills to establish a working partnership with providers to resolve
- Audited claims to resolve payment issues and exceed team financial accuracy of 99.5%.
at this job