Engineering CAD Technician (contract)
Created and set up documentation department
- Maintained the as built master CAD files and paper drawings of the buildings.
- Created electronic filing system and new standards
- Developed AutoCAD files of existing buildings
- Space planning
- worked with consulting Architects and Engineers to Supply and develop drawings required for remolding projects.
- Managed contractors to implement construction of new spaces.
- Created Mechanical and Electrical drawings
- Updated Cad files to reflect as built.
- Created CAP forms for budgeting of projects and to get approval for construction.
at this job
- Primary focus in BDV's Medical sector
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Architects, Equipment Planners, Engineers and Territory Managers
- Gather and verify information needed to create BDV installation shop drawing packages for clients
- Management of all Medical drawings
- Digitize, edit and revise floorplans, elevations, conduit riser diagrams and other CAD for clinic and hospital operating rooms (OR)
- Design trouble shooting training materials for BDV technicians
- Train staff as needed
- Travel to job sites
at this job
CAD Technician / CNC Machinist
Design Blueprints using CAD Software (Inventor, Cadkey, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.)
- Machine Parts using CAM SoftwarPe (Primarily GibbsCAM)
- Program and Operate CNC Milling Machines
- MIG/TIG/Stick Welding
- Manual Mill & Lathe Operation (Facing, Threading, Reaming, Boring, etc.)
- Light Machinery Operation (band and table saw; pneumatic tools and files; shears; oxy/fuel torches; plasma cutter)
- GD&T Interpretation
- Pneumatic Painting
at this job
Cad Technician (contract)
- I was hired to work four months as a Cad Technician for a project, "Interstate Highway 35, TxDOT Improvements". Project located in Waco, Texas. Supervisor, Chris Campbell, PE.
- Experienced with designing subdivisions and land development in the company's The Woodlands Department from beginning to end. My responsibilities started with researching the surrounding area of each projects, generating natural ground from topo base map, designing utilities, top of curb, top of paving design, water line design, storm and sanitary sewers design and design calculations in plan and profile (using City of Houston and Montgomery County Utility District guidelines and standards). Experience included sending notification letters to local utility companies in project location, red lining plans, cover sheets, utilities layout sheets and plan & profile sheets for the cad technicians to do revisions and cad work, as well as doing cad work myself. Experienced using the company's "Storm and Sanitary Sewer Design Program" systems in MicroStation SE, J & V8. Experienced in ditch designs, utilities design, utilities quantities, engineering estimate costs, excel shed sheets, address City of Houston and Montgomery County comments, and set up Bid Documents & Specifications for bidding.
- As the only Civil Designer and Cad Technician on most projects I have experiences in working with Project Managers, Engineers and the President of the firm on The Woodlands Waterway, "Town Center Pedestrian/Transit Corridor" projects and coordinated with architectural firms involved. The project began in 1999 starting at existing The Woodlands Mall and construction ending in 2009 at the existing Lake Woodlands in different phases.
- Civil Designer and Cad Technician of Town Green Park (park near The Woodlands Waterway and Cynthia Mitchell Woods Pavilion) and Waterway Square Park (water Fountain Park near The Woodlands Waterway and the Marriott Hotel). Experienced on site design, land planning, detention ponds, roadway designs, roadside ditches parking lots, drainage ditches, subdivision developments, and commercial site developments. Supervisor, Donny Reed, PE.
at this job
GIS /cad Technician
- A working knowledge of GIS/CAD packages Arc SDE, Arc GIS/Geodatabase, Arc Info, Arc View, Micro station and Auto CAD
- Analyze and interpret drawings, sketches, specifications.
- Assist in desingn, layout process.
- Analyze Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data to identify spatial relationships or display results data of analyses using maps, graphs, or tabular data.
- Confer with users to analyze, configure, or troubleshoot applications.
- Design or coordinate the development of integrated Geographic Information Systems (GIS) spatial or non-spatial databases.
- Design or prepare graphic representations of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data using GIS hardware or software applications.
- Enter data into Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning or automatic conversion to vectors, and conversion of other sources of digital
at this job