Assistant Budget Officer (graduate Assistant)
Was tasked with the responsibility of cleaning up and processing a two-year backlog of invoices.
- Responsible for preparing AP and AR transactions.
- Was involved in resolving strategic management issues.
- Approved financial transactions with-in the department.
- Responsible for generating and analyzing monthly reports on actual revenue performance and compared with budgeted projections.
- Assisted the budget officer in creating comprehensive financial reports for the previous fiscal year and developing budget forecast for various projects.
at this job
Management and Budget Officer
Participated in and led team efforts to insure the receipt, compilation, summarization and evaluation of information necessary for preliminary and published proposed and adopted budgets.
- Developed highly complex budgetary planning, programming and management analysis projects.
- Managed the grants programs within the County's agencies; this involves reviewing grant applications, agreements and appropriation of the grants.
- Reviewed budget submissions in accordance with executive guidelines; prepare budget documents and provide information and recommendations to the Executive and Council.
- Prepared bi-monthly expenditure projections; advise Budget Director regarding problem areas.
- Participated in budget administration by approving requisitions and processing needed appropriation adjustments.
- Participated in management reviews, organizational studies, productivity and work measurement studies.
- Maintained liaison between the Office of Management and Budget and assigned departments and outside agencies.
- Prepared and reviewed County and State legislation and prepared fiscal impact statements
at this job
Administrative Services - Budget Officer III
- Supervision a team responsible for all accounts payable and accounts receivable for the State of Nebraska - Office of the Chief Information Officer.
- Monitoring and reporting on the work performance of co-workers to determine overall conformity, to establish timetables and quality standards.
- Consulting with and advising management on budget matters to exchange information, to identify the characteristics and impact of budget problems, and participate in management decisions affecting the agency's policies and programs.
- Analyzing, compiling, and consolidating the data and information collected into the agency budget to provide management with a tool to control available financial resources.
- Monitoring expenditures to ensure proper controls are maintained in accordance with established regulations and policies.
- Monitoring the Appropriation and Allocation of various types of funding; General Funds, Revolving Funds, Cash Funds, and Federal Funds.
- Entering and adjusting the budget, monitoring reports and various functions in JD Edwards Enterprise One.
at this job
Sr. Budget Officer
- Primary point of contact and key resource to senior leadership and top management for all financial operations and to provide guidance on compliance with legal and regulatory authorities.
- Direct the day-to-day financial management activities for the Group and several large, complex, worldwide projects ranging between $35M-$55M, to balance program resources and optimize program objectives.
- Responsible for budget development, planning, guidance, preparation and updating of budget submissions, corresponding spend plans and coordinating strategic plans documents, regarding financial budget processes for the client's annual and multi-year budgets.
- Support, develop and present executive level financial reports, briefings, data, and other documents providing program execution status, programming and acquisition strategy, identifying discrepancies, and recommending corrective actions for effective management and execution.
- Approve special project funding requests and conduct analysis for trends affecting budget needs, develop budget projections, advise on the accuracy of budget forecasts to facilitate data driven decision making and to ensure that projects are operating within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters.
at this job
- Develops forecasts and Estimates at Council
- Compiles data from multiple sources and develop performance reports of the council and its various departments using Quickbooks and Votesmanager (M&CC internal program)
- Initiates variance analyses and provides understanding of financial performance
- Analyze and maintain cost and schedule performance measurement baselines
- Accounting cycle duties including account closure
at this job