R&d and Board Design Engineer, Hardware
Design, develop and implement state of the art In-Flight Entertainment products.
- Perform schematic design using mentor graphics schematic capture tool.
- Performed hardware design for 8-10 multi-layer PCB boards consisting of at least 250 different individual components.
- Perform parts consolidation, check component placement and PCB layout. Work with thermal engineer and perform thermal analysis. Decide the stack-up information and create trace impedance, trace length and trace width calculator for the layout engineer.
- Perform hyperlynx simulation to check signal integrity and power integrity of the PCB layout. Determine series resistor impedance values for clock signals to minimize reflections.
- Perform board bring up and design verification procedure.
- Helped manufacturing facility in Osaka overcome the loss cost (cost lost due to bad parts or design mistake and increase product yield and travel to Osaka for the project.
- Collaborate with Sanyo, Inc for Lithium-Ion battery development and to increase battery reliability by using increased protection circuit to comply with Boeing and FAA standards.
- Developed and managed the project schedule and interfaced with different departments of Panasonic Avionics in USA as well as Japan including mechanical, software, component engineering, procurement, manufacturing, to ensure timely release of the product.
- Design and development of battery operated monitors using high speed processors like OMAP, Intel Atom, VIA Nano using DDR2, DDR3 and PoP (Package on Package) memory, Graphics Processor and all in one System solution chipset.
- Mentor newly hired engineers on company operational logistics and design processes.
at this job
Board Design Engineer
Responsible in the lay-out and placement of different test board.
- Able to build component library using datasheet.
- Do schematic capturing using Pads Power Logic and Mentor Expedition schematic capture software, parts placement based on the design standard for customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with the Electrical / Design Engineer (US based) to ensure that all design specifications are being carried out in the parts placement and lay-out of a certain device.
at this job