- Writing and implementing behavior modification plans
- Assisting families in finding and utilizing resources to manage behavior
- Collecting and processing data regarding behavior
- Ensure continued coverage by the insurance company
- Performing functional behavior analysis
Responsible for monitoring, observing and analyzing clients behaviors.
- Gather and record behavioral observations.
- Analyzing behavior in crisis situations and proceeding accordingly.
- Recording client progress and work with a team to implement treatment plans for clients.
Behavior Specialist Assistant
Responsible for evaluating behavioral issues
- Assists with the development and implementation of behavior plans
- Completes required documentation
- Furnish data for psychiatric consults
- Develop and implement in-service training
- Assists in educating treatment team members and participate in Agency activities
- Providing direct services to youth and families
- Assisting teams in developing a hypothesis of function and underlying unmet needs in an effort to develop individualized, strength based strategies, and interventions that will result in positive behavior change.
- Developing intervention plans that support the decrease in behaviors while incorporating strengths into skill development plans, a time-line regarding implementation and transition of plans to the youth and family, as well as both proactive and reactive strategies that can be used before, after and during escalating incidents.
- Understanding and engaging in therapeutic opportunities in crisis situations and providing corrective experiences in times of crisis.
- Offering constructive feedback and creative suggestions in the use of non-aversive approaches to behavior change to all members of the team.
- Model, train, and practice with the child, family, and natural supports behavioral interventions and skill development plans.
- Providing positive demonstration of professional behavior in all aspects, maintaining positive relations with youth and families and modeling the value of these relationships internally and externally.
- Actively participating in continuous quality improvement processes and projects.
at this job
- Identify interventions for betterment of family systems
- Outpatient involvement with parents and children
- Seek alternatives for behavior improvement for youth
at this job
Provide behavior modification support
- Attend Child Family Team meetings
- Develop Behavior Treatment Plans
- Develop Crisis Plan
- Review Case Plans
- Collaborate with other professionals to develop treatment plans to promote students' behavioral, or social development.
- Implement individualized behavior interventions in the classroom setting.
- Teach socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification or positive reinforcement.