Chief Accounting Officer; Vice President - Corporate Controller
The world's preeminent musical instrument manufacturer/distributor with sales of $500M, hand-crafting Steinway & Sons pianos, as well as band, orchestra and percussion instruments in its Conn-Selmer division.
- Formed new finance organization in first global headquarters in initiative to consolidate global management. Supervised divisional finance teams in US, Europe and Asia.
- Managed global treasury, including $375 million of traded and revolving debt. Ensured covenant compliance.
- Implemented consolidation and financial reporting system which markedly reduced the use of manual reporting and undue reliance on Excel. Overcame challenges from disparate ERP platforms.
- Consolidated 21 entities. Reported results to management, shareholders, lenders and rating agencies.
- Researched complex accounting matters and prescribed accounting treatment under US GAAP and other relevant standards in written policies. Wrote annual report with footnotes and coordinated audits.
- Partnered with business unit heads to enable new business and improve profitability of existing businesses.
- Developed strategies for repatriating foreign earnings.
- Drove financial modeling, process improvement, KPI reporting, and borrowing base calculation efforts.
- Appointed to pension plan boards and investment committees.
at this job
Interim Chief Financial Officer / Chief Accounting Officer
- Creating strategic post-acquisition turnaround path, including synergy solutions with parent company, PetSmart, unique brand initiatives, website improvements and regaining industry share.
- Leads a team of 11 in accounting and finance and 2 in FP&A.
- Oversight of impact on transitioning of fulfillment and customer care to new provider.
- Forecast modeling of e-commerce order stream to support strategic decision making for future marketing strategies and customer retention.
- Restructure of Media division revenue process to align with GAAP and provide clearer insight into business components and performance.
- Reorganizing existing infrastructure to properly align with high-growth initiatives.
- Implement SOX Lite compliance by the end of the year.
- Grow newly formed FP&A team to become a trusted leader in providing support for department heads to properly implement growth strategies.
- Mentor accounting and finance team to strive for efficiency, accuracy and growth in knowledge.
at this job
Assistant Vice President & Accounting Officer
- Maintain the bank's accounts payable and related records as well as other financial reporting for the bank and holding company
- Prepare quarterly FDIC and Federal Reserve Bank filings: Call Report and Y-9LP/Y-9C
- Record additions to fixed assets and prepaids and prepare monthly depreciation and amortization entries
- Prepare general ledger reports, including but not limited to: monthly income statement variance analysis, yield & cost of funds analysis, risk-based capital reports for bank and holding company
- Automated various functions within the department including daily balancing reports, monthly branch financial reports, holding company balance sheet and income statement, comparative balance sheet, budget import process and budget monitoring reports
- Maintain budget data collection and the import process into financial accounting software; create and evaluate reports based on imported information
- Initiated and successfully implemented many efficiencies in the department
- Prepare and remit monthly sales and use tax returns to the State of Illinois
- Provide encouragement and motivational incentives to boost morale of employees
at this job
Cost Accounting Officer
- Preparation of facilities & administrate and fringe rates
- Analysis and review of University internal service rates
- Supervision of space management function
- Review of bank reconciliations
- Research of governmental regulations (Uniform Guidance) to ensure compliance
- Supervision of Unclaimed Property function
at this job