Residential Counselor Cover Letter
Residential Counselors provide support to people living in group homes or residential facilities. Clients these employees work with include students, the elderly, those dealing with addictions, or people with various disabilities. Typical work activities of a Residential Counselor include: helping with grooming and hygiene, preparing and serving meals, providing first aid, organizing transportation, doing paperwork, taking phone calls, doing light housekeeping, providing companionship, and referring residents to community resources.
A well-written cover letter sample for Residential Counselor should display the following skills and qualifications:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourcefulness and a friendly personality
- Multitasking and time management
- Respect for diversity and cultural sensitivity
- Being able to cope with stressful situations
- Computer literacy
Similar skills and abilities are visible in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Residential Counselor Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Yates:
When I read your posting for a Residential Counselor, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With 12+ years of solid experience providing direct care and support to disabled adults in need, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization in this capacity.
From organizing group meetings and implementing recovery methods to handling troubled residents and offering unwavering and compassionate support, my extensive experience in providing general counseling has prepared me to excel in this position. With my expertise in program coordination and leadership, my additional strengths in communication, problem solving, and team collaboration position me to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my background include:
- Delivering exceptional care to adults with disabilities as a Counselor with the Mackey Residential Home in Louisville, assisting with personal care, mediation, personal goal achievement, and emotional challenges.
- Documenting daily occurrences, activities, incidents, and session notes while ensuring full compliance with all regulations and confidentiality guidelines.
- Utilizing organizational, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills to earn patients’ trust and solidify relationships to enable optimal patient progress and recovery.
- Earning a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Kentucky and completing numerous professional training and development programs targeting areas including adult counseling tactics, disability challenges, and motivation strategies.
With my comprehensive experience in counseling and support, coupled with my steadfast dedication to improving the lives of those in need, I will swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Lincoln B. Nava