Reservation Agent Cover Letter
Reservation Agents work for resorts and large hotels and help clients book their stay. Essential work responsibilities of a Reservation Agent include processing reservations, taking phone calls, checking room availability, presenting package plans, coding reservations, determining room rates, answering to client inquiries, handling the correspondence, reporting to managers, maintaining filing systems, adhering to health and safety policies, and completing other tasks as assigned by managers.
A sample cover letter for Reservation Agent should mention the following job skills and qualifications:
- Customer service orientation
- Telephone etiquette and a professional manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer competences
- Knowledge of relevant computer software
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
Beneath is provided an example cover letter highlighting comparable Reservation Agent abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Reservation Agent Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Reservation Agent, check out our more complete Reservation Agent Job Description.
Dear Mr. Jessup:
Upon learning of your search for a new Reservation Agent, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your review. As a personable, efficient, and highly organized professional with key experience in customer inquiries, reservations, and administrative support, I am prepared to make a significant impact on Robertson Hotel’s goals for this position.
My background includes handling 125+ calls each day, scheduling reservations, processing changes and cancellations, responding to inquiries, and ensuring guest service excellence while completing all reservation requests. From managing multi-line phone systems and handling customer payments to assigning guest rooms and liaising with cross-functional teams, I excel at prioritizing competing tasks and driving top-notch levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Performing diverse responsibilities in fast-paced, customer-centric hotel positions—including scheduling, guest service, and report generation—to ensure outstanding guest experiences.
- Earning scores of ~98% on all phone call evaluations; six-time winner of “Employee of the Month” in recognition of superior guest service and outstanding communication skills.
- Coordinating all billing functions, charging and refunding credit cards as well as activating and redeeming gift cards.
- Demonstrating a steadfast commitment to providing excellent support while streamlining operations and facilitating hotel success.
My skills in hotel reservation placement and customer service position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The opportunity to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Rachael C. Bell