Research Manager Cover Letter
Research managers work across a variety of industries and oversee the planning, implementation, and completion of diverse research projects to inform and guide business decisions and actions. Common work tasks include planning research stages, tracking progress, documenting results, writing reports, and presenting research findings to appropriate parties. Polished analytical and research capabilities are essential for this position. Additionally, superior leadership, communication, and time management skills are beneficial.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Research project planning and leadership
- Research stages and schedules
- Project life cycle management
- Research methodologies
- Team building, support, and leadership
- Financial and budget administration
- Process and procedure documenting and improvement
- Report generation and presentation
- Research best practices
- Cross-functional team communication and collaboration
Below you will find a sample cover letter for a research manager including relevant skills, qualifications, and experience.
Dear Mr. Lewis:
Having recently learned of your search for an accomplished research manager to join your team at Carraway Inc., I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As an accomplished and dedicated professional with extensive operational and leadership experience in the clinical research sector, I am prepared to contribute significantly to Carraway’s goals.
My background lies in planning and managing operations, teams, and processes to propel improved productivity and project success within clinical R&D environments. From developing and establishing visionary development plans to implementing key methodologies and facilitating successful project executions, I excel at supervising comprehensive facets of sophisticated clinical research projects to outperform objectives while leading highly productive and results-oriented teams.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Managing multimillion-dollar research operations for the past 12 years as research supervisor for Pilagar Clinical Development, planning research projects, tracking project progress, writing reports, and presenting findings – all while ensuring alignment with corporate objectives, industry guidelines, and clinical best practices
- Recommending and facilitating the establishment of a fourth Pilagar research site in Tennessee; securing physician and administration support and measurably expanding corporate research capabilities while reining in costs
- Partnering with a clinical study sponsor to develop and implement a corrective action plan, leading to a renewed and more trusting sponsor relationship
- Deftly managing a $11.8M operating budget to administer all clinical research projects and trials
- Implementing key Six Sigma initiatives and best practices designed to optimize performance and integrity throughout research initiatives
- Developing innovative plans and facilitating communication between multiple teams and departments for maximum efficiency and productivity
My skills in research oversight and team leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Rebecca C. Lorenz