Research Coordinator Cover Letter
Research Coordinators usually work for academic institutions or pharmaceutical companies completing research studies and projects. Main job tasks of a Research Coordinator include overseeing participant enrollment, assessing participant eligibility, implementing study procedures and protocols, preparing study materials, monitoring quality of research, organizing and attending meetings, liaising with stakeholders, and attending training sessions.
Based on our collection of cover letter examples for Research Coordinator, employers select candidates demonstrating the following job skills and qualifications:
- Research principles knowledge
- An investigative nature
- Attention to details
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Computer proficiency
- Interpersonal and communication abilities
- Analytical thinking
- Training in a related field and a Master’s Degree
- Related work experience
Similar Research Coordinator skills can be seen in the sample cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Research Coordinator Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Ball:
With this letter and the enclosed resume, I would like to express my strong interest in the Research Coordinator position you are seeking to fill. As a detail-oriented and analytical professional with a PhD in Public Health Science from the University of Massachusetts, I have the experience, education, and skill set that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your research team.
Through my experience, I have become well versed in coordinating intricate research projects, encompassing tasks such as developing research plans, implementing methodologies, analyzing test parameters, writing reports, and presenting research findings. Furthermore, I have gained the ability to integrate superior organization, leadership, and communication skills across all levels of research, allowing me to excel in both independent and team-oriented environments.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Playing a key role in a CDC-funded research study evaluating an intervention using health resources and community partners focused on young males in Boston, MA; managed evaluation data collection in local health clinics, performed data cleaning, conducted participant interviews, and generated reports.
- Demonstrating a keen aptitude for recruiting, training, mentoring, and supervising research assistants and volunteers.
- Excelling in an internship role with the Center for Public Health Disease Containment, researching health policies regarding disease prevention and control and gaining valuable experience in sophisticated research and data analysis.
- Organizing, analyzing, and managing large data sets to drive research project success.
- Possessing proficiency in various software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite, as well as in statistics software such as STATA, LIMDEP, SHAZAM, TSP, and SQL Server.
My passion for research excellence will translate into both dedication and diligence for the work performed for your organization. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Melissa M. Hunter