Research Assistant Cover Letter
Research Assistants work in various university departments and are mainly responsible for planning research projects. Typical tasks of a Research Assistant include leading pilot projects, doing fundraising activities, undertaking research on the field or in laboratories, updating findings records, and making sure projects are completed in time and within budget. Research Assistants are also required to update their knowledge and education in the field by attending academic events and completing regular training.
A sample cover letter for Research Assistant showcases the following qualifications:
- Having a degree in a subject relevant to the subject they will study
- Analytical thinking and research skills
- Accuracy and detail orientation
- Knowledge of data entry and databases
- Oral and written communication
- Deadline orientation
- Computer literacy and Microsoft Office skills
- Project management and program support
An example cover letter for Research Assistant focusing on similar skills is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Research Assistant Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Wilson:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Research Assistant position you have available. As a detail-oriented and analytical professional with more than 8 years of experience in data collection and interpretation, I have gained solid research knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your team at Obsidian.
Through my experience, I have become well versed in conducting research and analyzing data in a detailed and scientific manner. Additionally, I have gained the ability to integrate superior organization and communication skills across all levels of research, allowing me to excel in both independent and team-oriented environments.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Excelling as a Research Assistant for the Center for Biological and Ecological Research in Philadelphia, completing numerous field work research projects focused on identifying and evaluating the use of various plant-based elements to develop alternative medicinal solutions.
- Conducting in-depth research, analyzing findings, and evaluating policy and program issues to provide strategic organizational direction and insight.
- Key experience in organizing, analyzing, and managing large data sets to drive research project success.
- Working effectively and collaboratively with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Utilizing superior organizational, leadership, and interpersonal abilities to provide an outstanding level of support.
- Possessing proficiency in various software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite, as well as in statistics software such as STATA, LIMDEP, SHAZAM, TSP, and SQL Server.
My meticulous attention to detail—as well as my proven track record of supporting complex research projects—will translate into both dedication and diligence for the research work performed for your organization. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.