Records Clerk Cover Letter
Records Clerks usually work in big organizations holding a large amount of records and are responsible for the following job duties: updating records, answering to staff queries, retrieving information from file systems, completing forms, doing data entry work, processing applications, doing paperwork, making sure files are complete, scanning files, working with electronic storage devices, photocopying files, and assisting in special projects on an occasional basis.
Those interested in a Records Clerk position should be able to demonstrate the following abilities throughout their cover letters:
- English proficiency
- Good mathematical skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Being able to carry out repetitive tasks in an accurate manner
- Organizational skills
- Time management
- Computer competences
Comparable skills and abilities can be seen on the example cover letter provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Records Clerk Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Rhoton:
Upon learning of your need for a detail-focused and analytical Records Clerk, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. As an organized and self-motivated professional with seven years of solid experience maintaining records with a sharp eye on meticulous accuracy while providing general administrative support, I am confident I would be a valuable asset to your team.
From coding and storing files and managing databases to organizing incoming documents and updating existing records as necessary, my expertise in records archival and management has prepared me to excel in this position. Backed by superior prioritization and multitasking capabilities, I am adept at driving departmental productivity and efficiency while ensuring swift access to records when needed. Furthermore, my ability to thrive in both independent and team environments is certain to make me a strong contributor in this role.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Performing records maintenance and update functions—including archiving, categorizing, sorting, copying, printing, coding, storing, and retrieval—while ensuring top-notch accuracy and organization.
- Presiding over a large-scale project to successfully convert more than 15,000 paper records into and electronic format using the FileSurf records system.
- Scanning images and text into database and including keywords to simplify future location.
- Processing sensitive and/or confidential documents for secure storage in a bank vault.
- Balancing multiple filing tasks within high-volume environments while providing first-rate prioritization and interpersonal skills and leveraging proficiency in a range of software systems.
- Delivering additional administrative support as requested, including reception assistance, mail routing, and supply management/orders.
With my proven ability to deliver the highest level of records maintenance support, I am prepared to extend my record of service to your company in this role. I would appreciate the chance to discuss this position with you further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Susie S. Joyner