Receptionist Cover Letter
Receptionists work at the front desk areas of organizations and are responsible for greeting visitors and handling administrative duties. Other activities these employees perform are notifying staff of visitor arrivals, taking phone calls, directing visitors, providing instructions, answering to inquiries, maintaining the reception area clean and organized, and completing tasks as assigned.
Receptionist example cover letters showcase the following experience and qualifications:
• A friendly personality and excellent communication abilities
• Professionalism and organizational skills
• Customer focus and being able to inform others in an efficient manner
• Stamina and the ability to work under pressure
• Computer literacy and Microsoft Office skills
A cover letter sample for Receptionist showcasing these qualities can be read below.
Make a great first impression with a potential employer by submitting a well-crafted Receptionist cover letter that shows you’re the right person for the job. In general, your cover letter should be succinct, professional and specifically address the employer’s needs. Use the Receptionist cover letter sample below as a guide for drafting your own cover letter.
Need resume help? See our extensive collection of Receptionist resume samples.
Dear Ms. Losey:
Upon learning of your posting for a Receptionist, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized and efficient professional with comprehensive reception and general administrative support experience, along with exceptional interpersonal and time management abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Kinfix’s goals and objectives in this position.
My background includes providing key office support while greeting and scheduling customers and maximizing efficiency and productivity. From managing multi-line phone systems and resolving customer inquiries to scheduling appointments and providing outstanding customer service, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with staff, and implementing highly effective organizational processes.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Performing diverse receptionist responsibilities—including phone management, correspondence, and scheduling—while ensuring optimal efficiency.
- Handling high-volume phone lines, efficiently and accurately routing up to 200 customer calls each day.
- Greeting customers upon office arrival, ensuring prompt attention and providing consistently outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrating a solid commitment to providing excellent support within fast-paced environments to facilitate achievement of organizational success.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization and communication skills.
My skills in reception position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Derek V. Lawrence