Reading Specialist Cover Letter
Reading Specialists provide support to people with reading difficulties, most times children and teenagers. Important job duties of a Reading Specialist are instructing struggling readers, identifying reader issues, offering necessary support, implementing literacy programs, recommending reading resources, collaborating with other education professionals, leading student advocacy, and providing professional development opportunities to adults.
Based on our selection of cover letter samples for Reading Specialist, essential job requirements are:
- Teaching experience
- Focus on reading education
- Patience and perseverance
- A non-judgmental approach
- Respect for diversity
- Computer literacy
- Attention to details
The cover letter sample below showcases similar Reading Specialist skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Reading Specialist Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Kingsley:
As a skilled and enthusiastic Reading Specialist with 12 years of experience assisting students of varying ages in facing and overcoming reading difficulties, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for reading and language positions me to significantly impact your school in this role.
My expertise lies in diagnosing disabled readers, selecting appropriate teaching materials, and working patiently and encouragingly with students across a wide range of reading abilities. Throughout my experience, I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills and have consistently sparked improved self-confidence and a love of reading in my students. Furthermore, my Master’s degree in Reading Education from the University of Kansas—obtained in 2004—gives me the advanced skills and knowledge to substantially contribute to your students’ success.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Excelling as a Reading Specialist with the Winifred Public School System, coaching students and teachers from grades 1-5 in level assessment, guided reading, and barriers to improvement.
- Creating individualized plans and programs to facilitate a targeted, personalized approach to reading education while stimulating students’ enjoyment and appreciation for reading and learning.
- Communicating and collaborating with teachers to determine appropriate interventions based on data and student performance.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating dynamic reading programs—including an annual Book Fair and numerous “Read-ins” throughout the year—as a key member of the Literacy Team.
- Planning school-wide community involvement to promote reading improvement and engagement, including teacher volunteers, PTA members, and special incentives and programs.
- Incorporating individual schools’ philosophies and academic objectives into lessons while ensuring allowance for creativity and flexibility.
- Earning a reputation as a disciplined and insightful educator who cultivates meaningful connections with learners and their families to ensure optimal learning experiences.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of reading support and improvement at your school and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Keisha M. Cordova