Radiographer Cover Letter
Radiographers use X-ray and ultrasound machines to take images of the patient’s body and diagnose health conditions and injuries. Specific job duties of a Radiographer include assessing patient condition, selecting radiographic techniques, preparing and positioning patients, producing images, ensuring radiation safety, making sure patients receive a low radiation dose, maintaining patient records, organizing work schedules, maintaining radiography equipment, and collaborating with other health care professionals.
Employers select cover letters highlighting the following skills and qualifications required to a Radiographer:
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Organization and planning
- Decision-making abilities
- Being able to work under pressure
- Empathy and bedside manners
- Computer competences
- Attention to details and good observational skills
Those interested in a Radiographer career can check relevant skills and experience in the sample cover letter displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Radiographer Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Volz:
When I learned of your need for a skilled Radiographer to join your team at Wringley Imaging, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an accomplished and adept professional with extensive experience in diagnostic x-ray, bone dosimetry, and mammography imaging, I will make a significant impact as a member of your team.
My background spans 10 years of experience performing comprehensive diagnostic testing responsibilities while ensuring maximum accuracy and attention to detail. With my solid team-playing and communication skills, along with my dedication to providing optimal patient experiences, I am positioned to excel in this role at Wringley Imaging.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Leveraging expertise in radiology equipment to capture images of organs and tissue; complementary abilities in positioning patients, transferring images to electronic systems, updating records, and ensuring patient safety.
- Communicating clearly with ordering physicians to determine and ensure correct examinations.
- Sending reports and results to required destinations, generating billing documents and insurance checks, and producing CDs for patients when necessary/appropriate.
- Demonstrating proficiency in equipment usage and maintenance, quality control testing and reporting, process improvement, staff mentoring, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensuring exceptional patient support, leveraging superior interpersonal skills and compassionate care to calm anxious patients and secure trust.
- Leveraging outstanding team-building skills to foster a cohesive and collaborative environment and maintain healthy relationships with peers and staff.
- Holding a degree in Radiography as well as current state licensure in New Hampshire.
With my expertise in radiography, along with my commitment to superior patient-focused care, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you. I look forward to discussing the position further. Thank you for your consideration.
William M. Starr