Psychologist Cover Letter
Psychologists help clients improve their psychological well-being by using multiple forms of treatment. Issues treated by Psychologists include mental disorders, addictions, adapting to physical illness, depression, anxiety, learning difficulties, and family relationship problems. Typical job activities of a Psychologist include: talking to clients, identifying behavioral patterns, determining best course of treatment, monitoring client progress, referring clients to other professionals when needed, and performing research.
An eligible cover letter for Psychologist mentions the following skills and qualifications:
- Clinical psychology knowledge
- A person-centered approach to clients
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Being able to respond to difficult situations
- Discipline and perseverance
- Emotional stability
- Computer literacy
Comparable Psychologist assets are provided in the sample cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Psychologist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Boren:
Upon review of your posting for an experienced Psychologist to join your clinical team, I felt compelled to submit my credentials for your consideration. As a licensed psychologist in the state of Connecticut with 13+ years of experience leading individual counseling sessions to help patients achieve their personal goals and objectives, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit the lives of your patients—and the success of your clinic—in this role.
From defining patient goals and conducting initial assessments to developing individualized treatment plans and building trusting relationships, my experience has prepared me to excel in this position and foster improved mental health in my patients. With my expertise in identifying and evolving behavioral patterns and impairments to drive personal change and growth, my additional strengths in communication, organization, and documentation position me to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my background include:
- Leading individual counseling sessions for children, adolescents, and adults on an outpatient basis as a Clinical Psychologist for Mission Mental Health; diagnosing mental and emotional disorders, drawing on community resources as needed, and collaborating with patients’ other health providers as necessary to ensure medication compliance.
- Providing on-call services on a rotational basis to support and stabilize high-risk patients experiencing emotional crises.
- Earning an MD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Connecticut; completing training programs in cognitive-behavioral therapy and brief therapy models.
- Maintaining extensive case records and notes to document discussions, progress, and next steps.
- Ensuring compliance with all professional regulations and confidentiality restrictions.
With my comprehensive experience in patient counseling, coupled with my superior interpersonal skills, I will swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Richard J. Judd