Project Manager Cover Letter
Project Managers oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of a short-term projects that have a beginning, an end, and specified deliverables.
The cover letter is essentially a more polite version of a candidate’s resume because it lists all of his or her accomplishments and experience while also allowing him or her to be properly introduced to a prospective employer. That’s why it is so important that your cover letter is friendly but professional and that it provides an accurate snapshot of your career thus far.
Job descriptions for Project Managers account for such responsibilities as:
- Leading internal audits and recommending improvements in policies and procedures
- Providing solutions to engineering that directly affect pricing, savings, and cost estimates
- Overseeing materials and product logistics and distribution, including shipping and receiving
- Analyzing, developing, and improving technical systems and processes
A sample cover letter for a Project Manager which accurately lists the skills and experience required for this position appears below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Project Manager resume samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Dustin Briggs:
With a proven background directing Project Management, Process Analysis, Leadership Development, Technical Operations, Data Analysis, and Compliance activities for a top Fortune 500 organization, I have delivered quality solutions with a focus on exceptional client service. I posses a record of success analyzing business operations, then designing and instituting process improvements that work to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
I possess expert skills in problem resolution, planning, monitoring, reporting, resource management, quality, and risk management as well as serving as a reputable change agent. Consistently delivering technology integration projects on time and on budget, I have a strong background leading virtual teams with a track record of high client satisfaction. I offer proven success identifying and resolving project constraints, resulting in 100% on-time and on-budget delivery.
My leadership style focuses on engaging team members to communicate, dynamically solve problems and deliver the highest quality solutions. I am currently seeking to provide your organization with the above skills in a Project Manager role.
A sample of key contributions includes:
- Achieved implementation of a Right Placement Program operations model, including yearly assessments evaluating 1100 software applications. Identified a transition of 35 applications to a Managed Services model, resulting in $8M cost savings for 2009.
- Established significant expense reductions of $10M cost savings in 2008 and $4.2M in 2009 through identification, analysis, and coordinating High Cost Contractor transition to lower cost providers.
- Achieved Director’s Award for superior performance on 2003 Audit Team. Brought the Cards IT organization into compliance with newly released policy by completing gap analysis and remediation work for 4 of 13 management areas. Created Quality Assurance tests, resulting in a Satisfactory OCC Audit rating.
Please accept this letter and enclosed resume as an introduction to my skills and background. For a more detailed presentation of my offerings, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to schedule a conference. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.
Raymond Collier, MBA