Professional Driver Cover Letter
Professional drivers transport passengers, cargo, and other goods to and from various locations while maintaining a strict focus on safety, security, and schedule guidelines. An outstanding driving record, up-to-date insurance, and a proven knowledge of driving laws, routes, and traffic patterns are strongly recommended for applicants for this position. Additionally, a record of reliability, integrity, and customer service excellence is valuable in this role.
Cover letters for professional drivers often mention the following:
- Driving routes and regulations
- Passenger and cargo safety and security
- Dispatcher communications
- Vehicle operations
- Scheduling and timelines
- Hands-on passenger assistance
- Vehicle upkeep and maintenance
- Customer service
- Customer and vehicle records
- Safe driving record
- Map reading
- Problem-solving and time management
Please find below a sample cover letter including similar experience and qualifications.
Dear Mr. Adams:
Upon learning of your search for a responsible and experienced professional driver to join your team, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your consideration. With 10 years of experience safely and courteously driving passengers to predetermined locations, combined with my excellent communication and time management abilities, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your company.
From coordinating routes and overseeing cargo security to minimizing loss and damage and interfacing professionally with customers, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With my leadership and interpersonal talents – along with my unwavering focus on customer service excellence – I am more than ready to thrive in this position.
Highlights of my background include the following:
- Ensured the safe transportation of 200+ passengers each day as a driver with Seabird Shuttle in Florida for the past 10 years; picked up and dropped off riders at pre-appointed destinations across a 77-mile route between Orlando and the Tampa International Airport
- Communicated regularly with dispatchers to schedule route changes, keep abreast of traffic conditions, and relay necessary information to and from headquarters
- Aided passengers with various disabilities in embarking and disembarking the shuttle; operated mechanical lifts and secured riders with safety restraints when needed
- Kept a steadfast commitment to safe driving and cargo security to ensure uninterrupted customer service and on-time, accurate transportation
- Assisted in vehicle upkeep, cleaning, service, and maintenance
- Demonstrated superior communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills, earning continual recognition from passengers for outstanding transportation experiences
With my experience and success as a professional driver, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to providing superior transportation services, I believe I could quickly exceed your expectations. I look forward to discussing the position in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Harry C. Colvin