Product Marketing Manager Cover Letter
Product Marketing Managers create and develop marketing strategies for product lines in support of established revenue, profit, and other goals. Typically, Product Marketing Managers define a product strategy, determine the customer’s requirements, establish goals and objectives, and collaborate with the company’s partners in an effort to deliver products that meet the customer’s requirements.
Your cover letter is the first thing your future boss sees, along with your resume, that shows him just what kind of a worker you would be based on your previous experience and relevant skills.
Job descriptions for Product Marketing Managers show such tasks as:
- Driving social media and partnership initiatives to establish knowledge leadership and to identify and nurture key opinion leaders to help
- Developing and executing global product launch plans for new products
- Developing marketing plans and strategies based on business objectives, vertical market and global market research, and historical sales and campaign metrics
An example cover letter for a Product Marketing Manager which serves as a prime example of the skills and experience required for this position appears below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Product Marketing Manager resume samples.
Dear Mr. Marty Mason:
I am an accomplished Director of Customer Development/Client Solutions offering 15+ years of proven experience developing and implementing category management and marketing strategies for top F500 corporations that consistently surpass objectives. With proven experience guiding teams through complex data analysis as well as turning around under-performing areas, I am a dynamic and innovative executive manager.
My roles in the past ranged from VP Client Solutions to Director of Customer Development. I have achieved significant results by reducing operating expenses, identifying process improvements and new technologies to streamline operations and create revenue. An instinctive professional with the ability to create, clearly communicate and build consensus in the sharing of a high level business vision, I am now seeking the opportunity to join an organization such as yours as Product Marketing Manager.
Simply stated, I offer an unmatched array of experiences and achievements, including:
- Revamped Clorox’s shopper insights capabilities by implementing innovative new tools to provide in-depth consumer panel analysis.
- Pioneered an expansion strategy for 8 different product categories in the natural personal care line.
- Designed and implemented promotion strategies to support customer awareness, increase sales, and stop distribution losses on GreenWorks product line.
- Created and implemented strategic marketing and business planning coordinating manufacturers and retailers, for major clients such as Kroger, Giant Eagle, Albertsons, Cargill, Hormel, Johnsonville, Swift, Smithfield, and Tyson Foods. Defined department strategies through analysis of shopper and store/retailer dynamics.
- Negotiated new contracts with syndicated data providers expanding services and leveraging 75% cost savings over previous suppliers. Implemented robust analysis templates and go to market strategies across all lines of business.
As a detail oriented individual with a passion for excellence, I am adept at listening to client’s needs, then analyzing and implementing the best designed solution. I have devoted my career to developing key category management initiatives, leveraging research insights into actionable recommendations leading to revenue growth.
I am a resourceful problem solver and team organizer with the ability to aggressively drive customer focused strategies in an efficient and profitable manner. For a more detailed presentation of my skills and offerings, please review the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.