Primary Teacher Cover Letter
Primary Teachers work with young children and help them acquire social and academic skills according to age and aptitudes. These education professionals deliver multiple subjects, with special emphasis on reading, writing, math, and science. Specific responsibilities of a Primary Teacher include: preparing lessons, explaining concepts, assigning and checking work, grading tests, reporting to parents, updating their job knowledge, and getting involved in extracurricular activities such as trips and sports events.
A successful Primary Teacher cover letter sample usually mentions abilities such as:
- Instruction skills
- Knowledge of childhood development
- Being able to motivate and discipline students
- Energy and motivation
- Commitment and reliability
- Supervisory skills
- Recordkeeping skills
- Computer literacy
Those interested in a Primary Teacher career can check comparable qualifications in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Primary Teacher Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Primary Teacher, check out our more complete Primary Teacher Job Description.
Dear Mr. Wiggins:
It is with great interest that I submit to you the enclosed resume with regards to the Primary Teacher position you are seeking to fill. As a certified and enthusiastic teacher with more than 12 years of experience developing lesson plans and curriculum for students in grades 1-5, I am confident that my background and passion for education would enable me to make a significant and positive impact on your school.
My expertise spans a full range of responsibilities inherent in teaching elementary students across a variety of subjects and capacities. My passion for fostering collaborative and stimulating educational environments has successfully encouraged and developed thoughtful young students while simultaneously equipping them with the necessary learning tools and techniques to advance into the increasingly learning-intensive school years. Furthermore, I excel at leveraging strong communication, creativity, and motivational skills to accelerate student learning, progress, and engagement.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Excelling as a teacher in the Evanston school district, instructing students from grades 1 through 5 utilizing common core standards, active engagement strategies, and formative and summative assessments; achieving increased MAP scores in reading and math.
- Developing tailored learning plans and programs to ensure a personalized educational approach while enhancing students’ enjoyment and appreciation for learning.
- Forging and maintaining strong relationships with students, parents, fellow teachers, and administrative staff, laying the foundation for collaboration, innovation, academic excellence, and dynamic classroom environments.
- Possessing a current Illinois State Teacher Certification, and earning a Master’s degree in Childhood Education from the University of Illinois.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at Turner Clark Elementary School and surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing my qualifications, and how I can best meet the needs of your school, in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Danielle K. Clark