Primary School Teacher Cover Letter
Primary School Teachers provide instruction to students aged 5 to 11 and teach subjects based on the approved national curriculum. Essential responsibilities for a Primary School Teacher include preparing lesson plans, teaching lessons, using a variety of teaching methods, assigning work, assessing student performance, providing feedback, grading tests, reporting to students’ parents, and joining students in activities outside the classroom.
Successful example cover letters for Primary School Teacher usually mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Instruction skills
- Knowledge of both traditional and innovative teaching methods
- The ability to motivate students
- Classroom control
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and planning
- Computer competences
- An interest in new teaching developments
Candidates interested in a Primary School Teacher career can check relevant job assets in the cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Primary School Teacher Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Maxwell:
It is with strong interest that I submit to you the enclosed resume with regards to the Primary School Teacher position you have available at Cedar Tree Elementary. As an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher with more than nine years of experience developing lesson plans and teaching classes for students in grades 1-5, I am confident that my background and passion for primary education would enable me to make a significant and positive impact on your school.
My background spans a full range of responsibilities inherent in teaching elementary students across a variety of subjects and capacities, including math, reading, writing, science, and art. My commitment to fostering collaborative and engaging educational environments has successfully encouraged and developed thoughtful young students while simultaneously equipping them with the necessary tools and techniques to advance into the increasingly learning-intensive school years. In addition, I excel at using my strong communication, creativity, and motivational skills to encourage student learning, progress, and engagement.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Teaching for the past nine years in the Cooper Valley School District as a primary school teacher, instructing students from grades 1 through 5 utilizing common core standards, active engagement strategies, and formative and summative assessments.
- Creating lesson plans, preparing class materials, organizing hands-on activities, grading assignments, documenting student progress, and maintaining student records.
- Successfully managing classroom environments while customizing learning plans for students of varying abilities and backgrounds and providing positive role modeling.
- Instrumental in leading students to achieve increased MAP scores in both reading and math at Jackson Newell Elementary School.
- Participating in ongoing professional development workshops and seminars to keep abreast of new teaching techniques and federal education requirements/initiatives.
- Possessing a current Oregon State Teacher Certification, and earning a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from the University of Oregon.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at Cedar Tree Elementary School and surpass your expectations. I look forward to discussing my qualifications, and how I can best meet the needs of your school, in more detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Michelle J. Pritchard