Preschool Assistant Teacher Cover Letter
Preschool assistant teachers support lead teachers in a full range of classroom activities with students from age 3 to 5 across areas such as art, music, counting, letters, and free play. Common tasks performed in this role include organizing activities, coordinating art projects, preparing snacks, supervising outdoor play, and monitoring students’ emotional, social, and academic development. Superior communication and interpersonal skills, high levels of patience and organization, and a strong interest or education in early childhood development are all advantageous in this position.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Classroom setup and cleaning
- Activity coordination and scheduling
- Music and art lessons
- Academic, social, emotional, and physical development
- Early childhood education
- Student and parent relationships
- Program and lesson planning
- Student monitoring
- Behavior modification and positive discipline
- Classroom cleaning and organization
Please find a sample cover letter for a preschool assistant teacher highlighting similar skills, abilities, and experience.
Dear Ms. Wiggins:
As a skilled and enthusiastic assistant teacher with four years of excellent experience working with young children to support their development and create a positive environment for their first schooling experience, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for early childhood education positions me to significantly impact your preschool as your next assistant teacher.
My background includes preschool classroom support, program coordination, and activity scheduling. Throughout my experience, I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills while building positive relationships with students aged 3 to 5. My inherent commitment to fostering collaborative and engaging educational environments has successfully encouraged and helped to develop productive and thoughtful preschool students working to acquire skills in letters, numbers, art, and music. Additionally, I have earned a reputation with lead teachers, parents, and students for high levels of patience, organization, and friendliness.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Helping lead teachers at Little Darlings Preschool to plan and implement programs that strive to meet the physical, emotional, educational, and social needs of its students
- Setting up and leading hands-on immersive activities such as arts and crafts projects, indoor and outdoor games, puppet shows, music lessons, and story time
- Working with students both individually and in small groups to demonstrate and reinforce concepts presented in class
- Maintaining attendance records, observing students’ behavior and learning styles, evaluating student progress, participating in parent/teacher conferences, and keeping classroom areas clean and organized
- Demonstrating my commitment as a disciplined and insightful educator with a focus on cultivating meaningful connections with students and parents to ensure optimal learning experiences
- Currently pursuing my master’s degree in early childhood education from the University of Vermont; earned a bachelor of arts in psychology from this same institution in 2012
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your preschool and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Timothy M. Fraga