Preschool Assistant Cover Letter
Preschool Assistants support lead teachers in planning daily activities, supervising children, and encouraging social, academic, and emotional development. Typical on-the-job responsibilities include preparing activities and snacks, playing and resolving conflicts with children, reading stories, assisting with art projects, and coordinating clean-up tasks. Strong capabilities in hands-on childcare, early childhood development, and emotional intelligence are all highly beneficial to success in this role.
Cover letters for Preschool Assistant positions often mention skills and abilities such as:
- Lead teacher support
- Activity set up and clean up
- Letters, numbers, counting, shapes, colors, art, and stories
- Snack preparation
- Toileting assistance
- Early childhood development
- Engaging communication style
- Cleaning and maintaining classroom facilities
- Field trip supervision
- Behavior monitoring/modification
Below, find an example of a cover letter for a Preschool Assistant, highlighting comparable abilities and experience.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Browne:
As an enthusiastic and nurturing individual with strong experience and education in early childhood development and care, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for education position me to significantly impact your school in the role of Preschool Assistant.
Having recently earned dual Bachelor of Arts degrees in Early Childhood Development and Education from the University of Texas, I have honed my knowledge and abilities in teaching and caring for young children entering into their first schooling experiences. With hands-on experience gained in practicum positions with local preschool facilities—as well as extensive years of direct childcare experience—I am prepared to leverage my communication, creativity, and motivational skills to make a positive impact on preschoolers. Furthermore, my personable nature and my proactive, self-driven work style will enable me to measurably support your lead teacher and facilitate fun and engaging daily activities for students.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Assisting lead classroom teachers at Compassionate Care Preschool and The Raggedy Ann School in planning and implementing hands-on educational activities—incorporating lessons on colors, numbers, letters, and shapes—to create a dynamic learning environment for preschool students.
- Holding responsibility for tasks such as snack preparation, activity set-up, classroom cleaning, toileting support, and arts-and-crafts assistance.
- Modeling appropriate behaviors, manners, and hygiene standards to set an example and encourage student participation and imitation; treating each child with respect, dignity, and empathy.
- Attending and contributing to preschool staff meetings, training seminars, and educational workshops to expand my skill set and knowledge base.
- Demonstrating high levels of patience, friendliness, and dedication.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to this position at your school and exceed your expectations. I look forward to discussing my qualifications and background in more detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Emma J. Martin