Prep Cook Cover Letter
Prep Cooks help with the preparation of dishes in the kitchen and gain the experience needed to pursue a career in the culinary field. Usual work activities of a Prep Cook are setting up work stations, following chef specifications, preparing ingredients, portioning meat, preparing drinks, delivering plates to waiters, packaging food items, collaborating with food suppliers, discarding leftovers, cleaning equipment and utensils, reporting to superiors, and making sure the kitchen is clean before leaving.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Prep Cook, essential skills and qualifications include:
- A passion for cooking
- Knowledge of health and safety rules
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination
- Time management and multitasking
- Being able to work under pressure
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Flexibility and being available to work in shifts
Beneath is provided an example cover letter demonstrating similar Prep Cook assets.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Prep Cook Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Prep Cook, check out our more complete Prep Cook Job Description.
Dear Mr. Ferron:
Upon discovering your posting for a Prep Cook, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your review. As an enthusiastic emerging chef with a strong background and education in preparing food for a range of cooking techniques, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Fly By Night Restaurant’s goals.
My background includes preparing meat, fruits, and vegetables for chefs to maximize kitchen efficiency and, consequently, customer satisfaction. I have excelled as a Prep Cook with Barton’s Grill for the past two years, during which I have simultaneously pursued my Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts (which I expect to receive in the spring of 2017). Furthermore, I am adept at leveraging my thorough knowledge of food preparation practices as well as safety and hygiene regulations to provide an exceptional level of restaurant kitchen support.
Highlights of my expertise include…
- Slicing and cutting meats and seafood appropriately for a variety of dishes and cooking styles.
- Working across multiple food stations with various equipment—including salad prep, pizza ovens, and flat / char grills—to facilitate and expedite food orders.
- Measuring and complying with proper storage temperatures for frozen, cold, and hot items.
- Maintained stringent adherence to food and health safety codes and inspection guidelines, sanitizing all equipment and tools and ensuring top-notch kitchen cleanliness.
- Assisting in preparing foods for special events such as banquets and private parties.
My skills in food preparation have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The opportunity to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Andrew E. Diamond