Portfolio Manager Cover Letter
Portfolio Managers make executive decisions for a company or client. While Portfolio Managers are typically employed by a variety of different firms, they most often work for portfolio management firms or investment banks.
A cover letter is important for a potential Portfolio Manager to have because it highlights the candidate’s relevant skills and work experience for the hiring manager to view at a glance. Your cover letter is your introduction to what could potentially be your future employer, so it is important to make a good first impression.
Job descriptions for Portfolio Manager roles showcase such relevant duties as:
- Advising foundation prospects and clients on asset allocation, development of investment policy statements, and management of investment portfolios
- Implementing proprietary mean-variance optimization programs in order to identify potential solutions to embedded risks and gaps within prospect portfolios
- Presenting firm investment strategies at industry conferences and prospect seminars
An example cover letter of a Portfolio Manager which highlights the skills and experiences relevant to the position appears below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Portfolio Manager resume samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Jorge Hardy:
As a dedicated senior level financial leader with extensive experience in portfolio/investment management, I possess the ability to analyze and communicate portfolio performance, prepare financial analysis/modeling data as well as assist in the overall valuation process. I have successfully managed portfolios over $1.3B. Now, I would like the opportunity to bring my unique background to serve the vision of your company as your next Portfolio Manager.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Oversaw a southeast U.S. real estate portfolio with $1.3B in assets including 18 office parks consisting of 80+ buildings.
- Monitored portfolio cash management, including monthly and quarterly reforecasts, capital expenditure and equity retirements, quarterly dividends, sales and refinance proceeds.
- Coordinated $160M worth of asset acquisitions and $223M of new debt and refinancings.
- Oversaw annual budget and audit process.
- Performed acquisition due diligence including financial analytics, performance and underwriting analysis and secured financing.
I am an astute and detail oriented producer with the ability to interpret data with business consequence in mind. I am able to relay complex information effectively and communicate vital information across an enterprise. My leadership philosophy promotes team collaboration, motivating staff to exceed goals. I am a resourceful problem solver with a keen ability to identify process improvements, cost savings and maintain financial and operational oversight.
For a more detailed presentation of my skills and offerings, please review the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.