Policy Advisor Cover Letter
Policy Advisors consult with government officials, non-profits, or corporations on policy development, evolution, and management. Conducting deep research, evaluating public opinions and trends, analyzing data, and presenting findings in a clear and persuasive manner are all responsibilities assumed in this role. Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and relationship-building skills are also beneficial.
Successful cover letters for Policy Advisors often showcase the following types of qualifications and areas of expertise:
- Campaign management and direction
- Policy consultation and amendment
- Communication and consensus building
- Project management
- Legislative direction
- Administrative support
A sample cover letter for a Policy Advisor follows below, containing similar abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Policy Advisor Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Carmona:
Upon review of your posting for a Policy Advisor, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With my extensive education and my experience in political consulting—as well as my strong abilities in research, project management, and communication—I am confident that I would significantly benefit your team in this position.
From performing in-depth research and analyzing complex data to balancing multiple competing projects and building key relationships, my background has prepared me to excel at strategically advising your office’s policy decisions and legislative actions. With a solid foundation in speech writing, consensus building, and stakeholder relations, my additional strengths in communication and time management position me ready to thrive in this challenging role.
Highlights of my background include:
- Thriving in an internship capacity with Governor Richard Lewis’s office in ’15, researching, monitoring, and advising on economic issues, committees, and bills ranging from job creation to tax incentives.
- Writing and editing speeches for Governor Lewis; regularly producing and updating website and social media content as appropriate.
- Fostering open and informative communications between members of the State legislature, interest groups, and lobbyists.
- coordinating projects within team-focused atmospheres; organizing workflows, conducting and analyzing research, and presenting findings.
- Managing administrative tasks such as scheduling/calendar management, constituent correspondence, and documentation.
- Earning a Master’s degree in Political Science from Emory University this past May; holding dual Bachelor’s degrees in Political Science and Public Policy from the University of Georgia.
With my previous experience in government policy consulting, coupled with my first-rate educational background and my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I could swiftly surpass your expectations. I look forward to discussing this opportunity, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Lance P. Sheridan