Physician Cover Letter
Physicians are responsible for providing medical care to patients. These health care professionals examine patients, diagnose illnesses, and prescribe treatments. Prevention and healthy lifestyle promotion are also important parts of their job. Usual work activities of a Physician include: conducting check-ups, advising on preventative actions, examining ill patients, determining conditions, recommending lab tests, prescribing medication, and maintaining medical records.
Those interested in a Physician career must demonstrate the following qualifications in their cover letters:
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Physical endurance
- Resilience to stress
- Observational skills
- Bedside manners and empathy
- An approachable manner
- Computer literacy
Similar qualities can be observed in the sample cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Physician Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Schilling:
Upon consideration of your posting for a new Physician to join your practice, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a skilled and patient-oriented professional with more than 16 years of experience treating a diverse patient base, I would significantly contribute to the success and growth of Lumina Family Medicine.
My experience overseeing exceptional patient care, service, and support in various healthcare settings enables me to excel at communicating with cross-functional medical staff while facilitating optimal patient experiences. Additionally, my superior strengths in electronic medical records management will render me an asset to your physician team.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Demonstrating excellence in patient diagnosis and treatment, specialist referrals, medical team collaboration, and overall medical practice operations to ensure the highest quality of patient care and service.
- Successfully growing patient base from ~275 to more than 700 patients as a Primary Care Physician through Oswald Medical Center in Saginaw.
- Outstanding critical thinking, communication, and organizational skills; excel in high-pressure environments.
- Actively participating in community outreach programs to deliver healthcare throughout the region—including to the uninsured.
- Holding a Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Michigan and completing a three-year residency encompassing OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Intensive Care, Trauma, and Internal Medicine.
Fully prepared to exceed your expectations for this position and substantially benefit your organization, I look forward to meeting with you to discuss how my qualifications position me to make an immediate and positive impact on Lumina. Thank you for your consideration.
Emma J. Hargett