Physician Assistant Cover Letter
Physician Assistants provide support to doctors and handle both clerical and basic medical duties. Examples of Physician Assistant tasks include examining patients, interpreting the results of medical tests, preparing splints and casts, taking part in procedures, referring patients to medical doctors, and making arrangements to transfer patients to healthcare facilities. In some states, these professionals are allowed to prescribe medication.
Our collection of sample Physician Assistant cover letters makes display of the following qualifications:
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Clinical skills and medical teamwork
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Bedside manners and empathy
- Infection control
- Self-motivation and reliability
- The ability to work under pressure
Similar skills are presented in the Physician Assistant cover letter example available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Physician Assistant Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Baca:
As a skilled Physician Assistant with experience providing critical support services to a wide variety of patients while leveraging detail-oriented administrative expertise, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background supporting patient care positions me to substantially assist the medical office of Dr. Brock in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
From leading evaluative consultations and performing diagnostic tests to ordering and interpreting lab results and optimizing medical office operations, my experience in coordinating patient services and enhancing client satisfaction positions me to excel in this role.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Utilizing comprehensive knowledge of medical conditions and services to assist in delivering medication and treatment guidelines to patients.
- Communicating between doctors, pharmacists, and laboratory staff to ensure appropriate and necessary patient treatment plans.
- Accurately documenting patient information and communicating with ancillary staff.
- Performing an array of administrative tasks including records management and prescription order submission.
- Interacting with patients to manage expectations and ensure continuity of care.
With my expertise in supporting care and treatment for a variety of patient types, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your practice. Additionally, my innate sense of superior responsibility and punctuality will render me an immediate asset to your team. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
Jessica P. Mayfield